Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Rossi .357/38spc. revolver (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/rossi-357-38spc-revolver-67761/)

gwb8568 07-06-2012 09:42 PM

Rossi .357/38spc. revolver
 
Anybody own one of these or have a say so in good/bad advice on them? Any answers would be helpful, thanks in advance for your replies.

gwb8568 07-06-2012 09:44 PM

Crap....I meant to put it in the revolver section and failed to do so. Please forgive my ignorance on this mistake, my apologies.

gwb8568 07-06-2012 10:19 PM

I was hesitant on even starting this thread, knowing the conditions of what I had just came across. Stainless steel with Pachmeyer rubber grips and about 70 rounds shot through it, $225. I didn't figure it would last very long and I was correct. I'd still like any information that anybody may want to offer, I have searched the internet and from what I can tell it seems to be a pretty decent gun. But I would still like to here from members here, people I already trust even though I'm still fairly new. Nice looking gun for sure in my opinion.

ineverFTF 07-06-2012 10:21 PM

I cant speak for their handguns. But my first gun was a lil rossi single 20ga, its a great little gun. Kicks like a mule though. I would go ahead and get them. Even if its not a great gun just buy bulk 38. And see how fast you can shoot :)

HOSSFLY 07-06-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwb8568 (Post 861456)
Anybody own one of these or have a say so in good/bad advice on them? Any answers would be helpful, thanks in advance for your replies.

Yup & I love it (& trust it) :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...2000/45335.jpg

gwb8568 07-06-2012 10:33 PM

In this particular instance, I'm kicking myself for not buying first and asking questions later. 7" barrel, stainless, rubber grips, beautiful. He had it listed for $225, the guy that bought it gave him $275 (guess he thought it was worth more) and while signing paperwork, another guy told the purchaser he would give him $350 cash right then. Ha. Crazyness. Shoulda/coulda/woulda.....been there, done that before so I'll get over it. :( ;)

HOSSFLY 07-06-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwb8568 (Post 861539)
In this particular instance, I'm kicking myself for not buying first and asking questions later. 7" barrel, stainless, rubber grips, beautiful. He had it listed for $225, the guy that bought it gave him $275 (guess he thought it was worth more) and while signing paperwork, another guy told the purchaser he would give him $350 cash right then. Ha. Crazyness. Shoulda/coulda/woulda.....been there, done that before so I'll get over it. :( ;)

Theres always another ;)

hiwall 07-06-2012 11:12 PM

A friend just bought a Rossi snubby stainless for $100 with a holster. It seems to shoot ok. But I guess we are snobs as neither him nor I liked it much.

c3shooter 07-06-2012 11:18 PM

(GRUNT!) There- moved the thread for you.

AT ONE TIME- Rossi was a fairly cheesy handgun. However, IIRC, they are now owned by Taurus, and their quality has improved considerably. They are still not a "top of the line, best in show" handgun IMHO, but they are also not junk ( RG, Burgo, Clerke, Jennings etc)

HOSSFLY 07-07-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiwall (Post 861592)
A friend just bought a Rossi snubby stainless for $100 with a holster. It seems to shoot ok. But I guess we are snobs as neither him nor I liked it much.

I'd be happy to give him his money back & pay shipping :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.