revolver timing problems

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > revolver timing problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default revolver timing problems

I have a Arminus 22 lr/mag revolver that has timing problems with both cylinders It shoots low and to the left 2X2 inches at 15 feet and shaves bullets.
The problem of shaving is less with shorts--probably the shorter byllet can squeeze theough the forcing cone better.
Is there a way to correct this problem without costing a fortune?

montveil

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-20-2008, 05:30 PM   #2

Please don't take offense,it's not my intention to offend you.The Arminus are very cheaply made guns. In all honesty I wouldn't put a penny into it to have it repaired. Count it as a loss and move on. I don't know if these are even made today and getting parts could be very hard. Paying a Smith would cost more then the gun is worth.
Many years ago I worked at a gun shop for awhile. I saw plenty of these Arminus and RG's.Lord forgive me for this.They were all junk guns.I definitely wouldn't shoot it being out of timing.

***** NRA Patron Member *****

Old 05-20-2008, 11:54 PM   #3

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I've taken many Arminus and RG's off of bad guys over the years. In order to legally be a gun, they have to shoot. We'd take them to the range and sometimes they shoot. Sometimes they don't.

You definately get what you pay for.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved