Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Revolver Reload

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 04:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Revolver Reload

I haven't shot many revolvers in my time, so I was wondering are they all to where you have to re-cock the gun to get it to fire again or are there some revolvers that when you shoot it, it spins the chamber to the next bullet and re-cocks the gun for you?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-02-2007, 09:21 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Some revolvers are single action. You have to pull the hammer back to turn the cylinder and cock it for the next shot
Some are double action. You can pull the trigger to turn the cylinder and move the hammer back until it drops to fire the next round.
Most double action revolvers can be fired single action as well.
In history there have been a few revolvers that use some of the force of the shot to turn the cylinder and cock the gun for the next shot. I have never seen one. I do not know if any were production guns and I do not think that there are any being produced today.