Revolver Pictures - Page 81
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Revolver Pictures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2014, 07:24 PM   #801
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This is my favorite in my collection, what do you guys think?

357pic.jpg  
Old 06-12-2014, 07:43 PM   #802
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 911 Times on 649 Posts
Likes Given: 269

Based on the grips, I am guessing 4" 629. One of my favorites. Had mine magna ported.
Whatever it is, it's damn nice.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 06-12-2014, 10:22 PM   #803

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Latest buy Ruger New Vaquero convertible 45 Colt/.45 acp.

Ruger Vaquero .45 Colt, SR40, SR9c, 22/45, 10-22, 77MKII, PT 1911

Last edited by grandpabear; 06-12-2014 at 10:29 PM.
People Like This 
Old 06-17-2014, 01:08 PM   #804
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 56 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default My latest Addition

I traded a Ruger LC9 pistol for this Ruger NEW BLACKHAWK .357 Magnum. I believe I got the better end of the deal. I even got a holster with it. It has a Jeweled Cylinder, and a professional trigger job. I also got a Hogue Mono-grip too. I prefer the original wood grips as it looks more traditional. I loaded up several hundred rounds of Cowboy Action grade ammo in .38 and .357 for my first outing coming up this Thursday. Can't hardly wait!

ruger-blackhawk.jpg  
People Like This 
Old 06-17-2014, 01:11 PM   #805
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty5 View Post
This is my favorite in my collection, what do you guys think?
What exactly is it, besides S&W? 686?

Old 06-17-2014, 01:16 PM   #806
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I've read that Rugers are friggin tanks, and dang near impossible to blow up, but that is taking things to a whole new level.
Actually, I've blown up 2 Ruger Super Blackhawks. Not intentionally. Double-charged re-loads. Both repaired (at Ruger) and back in service. However, new powder measuring equipment installed in my re-load bench.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:44 PM   #807

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Actually, I've blown up 2 Ruger Super Blackhawks. Not intentionally. Double-charged re-loads. Both repaired (at Ruger) and back in service. However, new powder measuring equipment installed in my re-load bench.
Bullseye powder? Sorry that happened, amazed that they were repaired as mine was totaled, I still have it in a desk drawer to remind me not to use a powder that is so easy to double charge. AA #9, 296 or H-110 to the base of the bullet for 44 mag. in a Redhawk, Unique or Universal powders for 44 special for Charter Arms.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:12 AM   #808
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 275 Times on 175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
Bullseye powder? Sorry that happened, amazed that they were repaired as mine was totaled, I still have it in a desk drawer to remind me not to use a powder that is so easy to double charge. AA #9, 296 or H-110 to the base of the bullet for 44 mag. in a Redhawk, Unique or Universal powders for 44 special for Charter Arms.

I bulged two bores in the cylinder, and cracked the forcing cone on a S&W 66, and my buddy bulged three bores, and cracked the forcing cone and frame on his python. Light loads of Unique, that we had shot all spring, in Vegas in July. It was about 105 in the shade and we had put the guns in the trunk of a navy blue Honda. Grips were a little uncomfortable to hold, even with gloves on. Lesson learned: Hot Unique generates extremely high pressures.

The gunsmith wouldn't believe us until he disassembled a few rounds, and weighed the powder charge. 6.3-grains, the lowest in the Speer manual we had.

Haven't loaded Unique since. Now select powders to maximize temperature stability. Doesn't do any good to devote the time to work up accurate loads if the actual temperature is forty or fifty degrees different when your actually shooting, and the bore pressure swings radically with the temperature.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 06-18-2014, 03:30 AM   #809
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 353 Times on 210 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Thanks for sharing this about Unique. I've got 4lbs in reserve for a rainy day. I'll have to be careful if I get down to the need to use it.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:45 AM   #810

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigs-n-fixture View Post
I bulged two bores in the cylinder, and cracked the forcing cone on a S&W 66, and my buddy bulged three bores, and cracked the forcing cone and frame on his python. Light loads of Unique, that we had shot all spring, in Vegas in July. It was about 105 in the shade and we had put the guns in the trunk of a navy blue Honda. Grips were a little uncomfortable to hold, even with gloves on. Lesson learned: Hot Unique generates extremely high pressures.

The gunsmith wouldn't believe us until he disassembled a few rounds, and weighed the powder charge. 6.3-grains, the lowest in the Speer manual we had.

Haven't loaded Unique since. Now select powders to maximize temperature stability. Doesn't do any good to devote the time to work up accurate loads if the actual temperature is forty or fifty degrees different when your actually shooting, and the bore pressure swings radically with the temperature.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
I probably ought to take a picture of the barrel, and cylinder, barrel is bulged and half the cylinder is blown off back strap separated, due to the overall strength of the Super Blackhawk I received no injuries.