Revolver-and no, not the album
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

Revolver-and no, not the album

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 03:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 3

Default Revolver-and no, not the album

Ok, a question please..I have a rugger .22 revolver, Im a female, kinda short(lol), would love to carry this ccw...any suggestions ona holster and where to get it?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-21-2009, 05:23 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Try these for starters.

Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter

Holsters at Sportsman's Guide

Discount Gun Holsters and gun belts

Cabela's -- Holsters & Belts

Holsters / Gun Leather : Firearm Parts & Accessories at GunBroker.com
ďIf ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.ĒSamuel Adams

Old 11-21-2009, 10:13 AM   #3

IF you can find your way to a store that will let you try them on it will be well the effort (and looking a bit strange taking your belt half off in the middle of a store) I currently carry in my backpack most of the time (not legal in all states) because I have small kids who are grabby and naughty and sometimes insist on being carried. stinkin punks.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I second what Jess said. Trying to find the right holster is a game of trial and error. If you can go into a store and try a few you can eliminate some questions right off the bat and save yourself some money and time down the road. Good holsters aren't cheap, neither is a good gun belt if you plan to carry IWB(inside waist band), the belt is a must.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 11-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #5

Liked 1443 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

No offense but for safety, I think your first priority should be a good self-defense revolver. (Unless you're a hit-person for the mob!)

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 11-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3450 Times on 1775 Posts
Likes Given: 371

A .22 is rarely referred to as a defensive weapon. They can kill, but are not likely to incapacitate an attacker quickly enough to prevent you from being harmed. In a revolver, I would consider the .327 (yes that is smaller than .357) magnum to be the minimum acceptable caliber for legitimate defensive purposes.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:25 PM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 64

While a .22 can be deadly it is usually not considered a primary defense weapon.

So if I understand your parameters right, you are small with small hands and want to carry something (preferably a revolver) for protection. A .38 snub nose lightweight revolver would be the thing to think about. It is smaller with smaller grips than a larger framed revolver. For easy handling, and close up use that would be worth considering. You need to be able to hold onto it securely and be able to hit your target with it consistantly during practice. You really would have to try out a couple. They are all different. Some may fit right in your purse (depending on your purse) They will all feel different depending on model and grips. You will need to go to the range and practice, practice, practice.

Is there any way you can try one out? A range that rents handguns for range use, a friend that has one, etc. (Don't make a decision based on a beat up range handgun but just to get the general feel of it.)

Just some thoughts. I apologize for getting a little off topic.

OC

Last edited by OC357; 11-21-2009 at 03:27 PM.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:35 PM   #8

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortshooter View Post
Ok, a question please..I have a rugger .22 revolver, Im a female, kinda short(lol), would love to carry this ccw...any suggestions ona holster and where to get it?
If you need to pull a self defense gun, you are having a very bad day. Someone is trying to kill you. Why would you not want to pull a larger caliber revolver? Self defense is all about stopping the threat and a .22 doesn't do that well.

I've not shot one but I hear the .327's are good choices and with modern ammo, a good 'ol .38 special is a valid self defense revolver choice.
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 04-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #9

Likes Given: 3

Default Thank you all!

Sorry for not getting back with you all. Long work days since the layoffs have left me with going to bed early and such.
As it goes, I did take into concideration all that you have informed me with.
I did go and search out a smaller more efficiant weapon, many to be exact.
What won out becuase of the smaller size and more punch, was the lavender lady 38 special. It seems to be doing well, my targets are being hit with little effort, it is easy to clean and well, fits rather good in my wee hands.
As far as a holster went, that was indeed a long and still going on process. I use a fanny pack as of now, along with it being in my clothing. Looking at a 1911 as of right now...wish list of sorts.
You all helped greatly!
Love and hugs!

Old 04-07-2010, 10:43 PM   #10

Liked 40 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortshooter View Post
Sorry for not getting back with you all. Long work days since the layoffs have left me with going to bed early and such.
As it goes, I did take into concideration all that you have informed me with.
I did go and search out a smaller more efficiant weapon, many to be exact.
What won out becuase of the smaller size and more punch, was the lavender lady 38 special. It seems to be doing well, my targets are being hit with little effort, it is easy to clean and well, fits rather good in my wee hands.
As far as a holster went, that was indeed a long and still going on process. I use a fanny pack as of now, along with it being in my clothing. Looking at a 1911 as of right now...wish list of sorts.
You all helped greatly!
Love and hugs!
Now THATís what Iím talking about. A new member asked a question and received a bunch of well thought out answers and suggestions. She took the suggestions and followed up and made a fantastic choice. God I love this place and the people in it.
cpttrips Likes This