Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   revolver for concealed carry (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/revolver-concealed-carry-55484/)

Marcusmtch 01-14-2012 04:32 PM

revolver for concealed carry

Any ideas on this I would preferably like it to be safe as well also maybe one that has a built in lazer option

Chandler51 01-14-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcusmtch
Any ideas on this I would preferably like it to be safe as well also maybe one that has a built in lazer option

S&W Bodyguard fits your criteria. I haven't shot one...maybe someone who has will be along shortly.

griffin81 01-14-2012 05:56 PM

I have a Ruger LCR in 357 mag. that I daily carry and I like it. It doesn't have a laser but it should get the job done. It has a little recoil but I don't think it to much I really like shooting it regularly, I have yet to put any 38s thru it.

play the victim, be the victim

vincent 01-14-2012 06:35 PM

Ruger LCR in .357...same here...Have shot the M+P, trigger is stiff, laser is distracting and to me not worth the extra cash..$150-$200 extra. Tons of other choices too but that was mine...:cool:

Chandler51 01-14-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincent
Ruger LCR in .357...same here...Have shot the M+P, trigger is stiff, laser is distracting and to me not worth the extra cash..$150-$200 extra. Tons of other choices too but that was mine...:cool:

Well, there you go, OP...I knew someone would be along with some actual experience, and an up or down on the S&W BG....looks like the Ruger is the one to beat :)

I used to shoot a friends SP101 with some regularity...nice little gun as well. No laser tho...

TouchMyGlock 01-14-2012 07:01 PM

I carry an S&W M&P 360 and I like it a lot. I like the fact that I can cock the hammer back for SA. No the hammer has never snagged when drawing from IWB holster

JTJ 01-14-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chandler51 (Post 677033)
Well, there you go, OP...I knew someone would be along with some actual experience, and an up or down on the S&W BG....looks like the Ruger is the one to beat :)

I used to shoot a friends SP101 with some regularity...nice little gun as well. No laser tho...

Crimson Trace makes 2 lasers for the SP101. Mine has the LG111. Buy direct from Crimson Trace as it is cheaper.

Creekside_Sports 01-14-2012 07:15 PM

I carry a Charter Arms bulldog as a backup gun.
Barrel was shortened to 2 inches, magna-ported, and I rounded the hammer spur off to lessen the chances of it catching when drawing from concealment.
In .44 special I can empty all 5 rounds just as fast as I can pull the trigger with very manageable recoil.

JTJ 01-14-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creekside_Sports (Post 677059)
I carry a Charter Arms bulldog as a backup gun.
Barrel was shortened to 2 inches, magna-ported, and I rounded the hammer spur off to lessen the chances of it catching when drawing from concealment.
In .44 special I can empty all 5 rounds just as fast as I can pull the trigger with very manageable recoil.

Dont use it at night. The ports will really light up. I tried it with a ported 38 spl +P and was blind for a good while.:eek:

Creekside_Sports 01-14-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ
Dont use it at night. The ports will really light up. I tried it with a ported 38 spl +P and was blind for a good while.:eek:

I know the feeling, I only made that mistake once