Revolver ccw
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Revolver ccw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Revolver ccw

Just curious to see if anyone here conceal carries a revolver, and in what caliber, and what configuration ( ie...snubnose, 3", 4" ).

I was doing some routine inspection of my collection, and adding new info to my firearm database when my female lab came up and signaled she wanted to go for a walk. As usual, I made sure I had my LTCF permit and then decided that I would strap on my S&W M629 4" revolver, which was lying in the open case in front of me...

I have a nice Galco leather IWB holster for it...so I loaded six .44magnum Black Talons in and me, the dog, and my Smith took a stroll. It was a different experience...a little heavier than my usual carry piece, but also quite comfortable in that rig. Haven't carried a revolver for a very long time.

Here's a pic:

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-11-2009, 09:09 PM   #2

In the summer I carry a 2" Taurus .357. The rest of the year I carry a 4" 7-shot .357 in a shoulder rig.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:19 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Like .357's

Yea, I like .357's too...here's a 3" bull barrel S&W M13 in .357mag that I used to carry when all I had were large frame 45's that were not so easy to hide in the summer...

BTW...is that Tommy gun you're holding in your avatar, yours ?!

Old 03-12-2009, 12:31 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

My S&W 640 used to be my most carried gun, up until it was stolen last week when some SOB's broke into my store.

The 686 next to it is my winter/outdoors carry as well as my home defense gun.

100_2354.jpg  
Old 03-19-2009, 04:15 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Glad to see an article about revolver CCW. Every time I brought up revolver conversation,it was as though I had committed a social faux pas.
I intend to qualify with a S&W 60 (.357) as well as my Glock 19 here in Nevada when April arrives and I attend the CCW class.
Everyone I talk to regarding the class has one very basic question; "Why would you want to carry a revolver?" I answer that question by stating that
a revolver has never failed to go BANG when I pulled the trigger. Every semi-auto I have observed at the gun range,has at one time or another,required
an excuse for its failure to fire !
My intent,should I ever find a need to use my concealed weapon,is for it to go BANG without any BS about why it didn't !
Thanks for the confirmation of a revolver being a legitimate and current
selection for CCW-----------------
BTW..... Each state has its own designation for concealed carry.
CCW---here in Nevada are the initials for Carry Concealed Weapons.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:45 PM   #6

Likes Given: 1

I carry a Model 24 with a 3" barrel lots of time. This is an N frame Smith and have no problem with it. I must add in the heat of summer I drop down to something a wee bit smaller

Old 03-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #7

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I carry a Ruger Sp101 .357 as a back up to my G21C. i would trust it with my life..

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 05-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Nice revolver. I always feel comfortable with my 44 Mag on my hip. Have a Mod. 29 Classic 5" blue and a Ruger Redhawk 51/2 blue but may trade the Ruger for a short barrel S&W 29 like I once had. However, most of the time I carry either my Sig, 1911 or a subby 38. Enjoy them all, Dogwalk.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:57 AM   #9

I've carried my snubnose before, but it's never comfortable. If I'm going to keep my jacket on (I live in Minnesota, so that's 6 or 7 months out of the year), I can cover it, but I'd much rather carry a pocket auto. I can clear a jam in less than a second, so I don't worry about misfires. In a defensive situation, you probably won't ever fire a shot anyway, so don't lose sleep over it.

My revolver stays by the bedside because I could use it in the dark while half-asleep.

Hey, Francis, I hope you only put your guns and your liquor together for the photo. Liquor is one of the most stolen items in burglaries. If they get your liquor and your guns, it's going to get ugly. Nice Scotch collection, by the way.

Only the government should have weapons as long as we don't forget who the government is in a democracy.

Last edited by Lefty; 05-16-2009 at 07:05 AM.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #10

Taurus Ultra-lite 38sp in a pocket holster, but I just got a Ruger LCR so it will go in the pocket and the Taurus in a Fobus paddle holster in the winter.