Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Raging Judge

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #11
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 17,100
Liked 5248 Times on 2738 Posts
Likes Given: 330

Default

basic loading kits arent that pricey. you dont need a dillon xl650 with all the gadgets to get started.

410 and 45colt ammo isnt that cheap either. most of the cost of ammo is the brass. with most normal pistol rounds like 38 357 44 45 you can use lead bullets cast your own and re-use your cases and its a HUGE difference in price. even if you dont cast bullets and buy pre-made lead bullets the difference in price is amazing. i can make lead 45 colt and 357 and 44 for less than the price of off the shelf steel cased 9mm

i bought a rcbs starter kit in the late 80's and i still use it today. its a companion to my xl650 and i use it to load 100 or less round count at a time. just something relaxing about a single stage press.

__________________

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...


Last edited by JonM; 10-13-2012 at 10:37 PM.
JonM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sweeper22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,339
Liked 220 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
S&W in .460 with a 8" bbl.
460sw is a cool round...a bit nastier than even the .500sw I believe. Plus, they can shoot 454cas and 45lc as well.

You know what I want? Gimme a .460 lever rifle that'll cycle all three calibers...now that could be a badass trail gun.
__________________
"The Future is Unwritten"
sweeper22 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RolltideAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22

460sw is a cool round...a bit nastier than even the .500sw I believe. Plus, they can shoot 454cas and 45lc as well.

You know what I want? Gimme a .460 lever rifle that'll cycle all three calibers...now that could be a badass trail gun.
Thats what I have been asking for since the 460 came out. I'm shocked there isnt any word of a 460 lever gun. I'll keep waiting.
__________________
RolltideAR is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Decatur,Illinois
Posts: 28
Default

What would be a good starter kit in general for reloading. It can obviously be a single stage.

__________________
cghamm117 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cghamm117
What would be a good starter kit in general for reloading. It can obviously be a single stage.
Lee Kit -Everything but dies included
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JD1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lockport,Illinois
Posts: 748
Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Lee Kit -Everything but dies included
Agreed, I started with the Lee Breechlock Deluxe kit. I found that I wanted a digital scale and bought one right away. So far I have not had any issues with it, but I will move to a progressive for .45, 9mm and .38/.357.
__________________

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

JD1969 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:14 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Decatur,Illinois
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969 View Post
Agreed, I started with the Lee Breechlock Deluxe kit. I found that I wanted a digital scale and bought one right away. So far I have not had any issues with it, but I will move to a progressive for .45, 9mm and .38/.357.

http://www.titanreloading.com/lee-breech-lock-challenger-50th-anniversary-kit

So this reloader would do be sufficient, I do shoot 9 and 40...so like you stated would this not be the best option if i wanted to do everything from 9 too high powered rifle like a 300 winmag. or the .500 pistol. I guess im asking would this be versatile enough... I will be honest I do not know the first thing about reloading so I would do alot of reasearch before ever trying it on my own. But i do like to shoot alot and money often comes between me and the range. So if this would save me for 9mm and 40 and also even .270 300 I would def go for 100$...
Thanks for input so far, I know you have probably answered these questions alot.
__________________
cghamm117 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cghamm117 View Post
http://www.titanreloading.com/lee-breech-lock-challenger-50th-anniversary-kit

So this reloader would do be sufficient, I do shoot 9 and 40...so like you stated would this not be the best option if i wanted to do everything from 9 too high powered rifle like a 300 winmag. or the .500 pistol. I guess im asking would this be versatile enough... I will be honest I do not know the first thing about reloading so I would do alot of reasearch before ever trying it on my own. But i do like to shoot alot and money often comes between me and the range. So if this would save me for 9mm and 40 and also even .270 300 I would def go for 100$...
Thanks for input so far, I know you have probably answered these questions alot.
Thats what I learned with
I'm a great fan of Midway-
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/121744/lee-challenger-breech-lock-single-stage-press-kit
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
raging judge holster cakesterkiller Revolver Handguns 7 08-18-2012 06:30 AM
Any opinions on the Taurus Raging Judge? Kenney Revolver Handguns 5 04-28-2012 09:06 PM
Taurus raging bull 454 mikelsworld General Handgun Discussion 0 12-01-2011 03:21 AM
New Taurus 28ga "Raging Judge" General_lee Revolver Handguns 14 05-01-2011 08:41 AM
Taurus Raging Bull 44 Mag with 8 in. Bbl Eastex_Guns Sponsor Display 2 12-10-2010 10:55 AM