Raging Judge
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Raging Judge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 03:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Raging Judge

Been considering getting the raging judge. i know im not gonna carry this thing, I was thinking next to the bed/ when I go out in the deep woods for protection with the 454. So I could do the 410 self defense round and also have a couple 45 lc in there then if needed which wouldn't be at this point ever 454. So I think overall with taurus's sketchy reliably, but they do have a good warranty. I know because of the longer chamber you might give up some accuracy. But I was kinda wondering if someone has some real experience with the raging judge as far as accuracy issues and anything else. i feel like I might get a little more bang for my buck (pun intended), by getting something that is so versatile. Any input will be appreciated
Thank You

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-11-2012, 02:55 AM   #2

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I'm pretty sure this is in multiple threads. Just search raging judge/judge and I know theres plenty of threads for it.

-Matt

Old 10-11-2012, 03:29 AM   #3

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

If you could find a S&W Governor I would personally take that over the Judge. Taurus wheel guns aren't as bad as their semi-autos.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #4

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I would not use a .410 out of a short barrel for self/home defense if I had any other option. Since your not going to carry it, get a more proven HD/SD weapon. Also, unless you reload, 45LC and .454 are expensive to shoot, so you are not as likely to practice. YMMV

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

Old 10-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Skip the 410 revolvers. I would suggest one of the ruger blackhawks in 45acp/45colt. Much better gun and you got the ability to use the reallllllly hot 45colt loads and practice/plink with 45acp

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #6

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Those above pretty much covered it-
Way to many better choices out there

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 10-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #7

thanks for the input, honestly i'm not surprised with the responses, I doubt I'm gonna look into it any farther. I think I want to buy a large caliper revolver that like stated may be a bit cheaper to practice with, but can basically can take down anything in north america power wise.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #8

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by cghamm117 View Post
thanks for the input, honestly i'm not surprised with the responses, I doubt I'm gonna look into it any farther. I think I want to buy a large caliper revolver that like stated may be a bit cheaper to practice with, but can basically can take down anything in north america power wise.
The minimum in that case would be .44 Mag, but as always a handgun is a compromise. You can go larger/more powerful like .454 Casull and .500 S&W. What size barrel are wanting? The shorter it is, the less fun it will be to shoot, but the easier it is to carry. Are you reloading? Or are you limited to factory ammo?

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

Old 10-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #9

I will stay with a larger barrel most likely, at least probably 6 inches. I will not be reloading for a while anyway, so in this aspect I will be limited to factory ammo. I do plan eventually to get into reloading, but im on a budget now, and I assume getting started would be kinda expensive. Although long term I would save money. This is why I was thinking about the raging judge it is about 550 on buds were a sw 500 would be about 1300. I can see that the sw 500 would be the better quality. I have a M&P 9 and love it. So I am looking to get a "handcannon" basically, but I think maybe waiting and saving might be my best option.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #10

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

S&W in .460 with a 8" bbl.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.