Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Raging Judge (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/raging-judge-73542/)

cghamm117 10-02-2012 03:56 AM

Raging Judge

Been considering getting the raging judge. i know im not gonna carry this thing, I was thinking next to the bed/ when I go out in the deep woods for protection with the 454. So I could do the 410 self defense round and also have a couple 45 lc in there then if needed which wouldn't be at this point ever 454. So I think overall with taurus's sketchy reliably, but they do have a good warranty. I know because of the longer chamber you might give up some accuracy. But I was kinda wondering if someone has some real experience with the raging judge as far as accuracy issues and anything else. i feel like I might get a little more bang for my buck (pun intended), by getting something that is so versatile. Any input will be appreciated
Thank You

Blueguns 10-11-2012 02:55 AM

I'm pretty sure this is in multiple threads. Just search raging judge/judge and I know theres plenty of threads for it.

silverado113 10-11-2012 03:29 AM

If you could find a S&W Governor I would personally take that over the Judge. Taurus wheel guns aren't as bad as their semi-autos.

JD1969 10-11-2012 01:46 PM

I would not use a .410 out of a short barrel for self/home defense if I had any other option. Since your not going to carry it, get a more proven HD/SD weapon. Also, unless you reload, 45LC and .454 are expensive to shoot, so you are not as likely to practice. YMMV

JonM 10-11-2012 08:48 PM

Skip the 410 revolvers. I would suggest one of the ruger blackhawks in 45acp/45colt. Much better gun and you got the ability to use the reallllllly hot 45colt loads and practice/plink with 45acp

HOSSFLY 10-11-2012 09:06 PM

Those above pretty much covered it-
Way to many better choices out there ;)

cghamm117 10-12-2012 08:49 PM

thanks for the input, honestly i'm not surprised with the responses, I doubt I'm gonna look into it any farther. I think I want to buy a large caliper revolver that like stated may be a bit cheaper to practice with, but can basically can take down anything in north america power wise.

JD1969 10-12-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cghamm117 (Post 974439)
thanks for the input, honestly i'm not surprised with the responses, I doubt I'm gonna look into it any farther. I think I want to buy a large caliper revolver that like stated may be a bit cheaper to practice with, but can basically can take down anything in north america power wise.

The minimum in that case would be .44 Mag, but as always a handgun is a compromise. You can go larger/more powerful like .454 Casull and .500 S&W. What size barrel are wanting? The shorter it is, the less fun it will be to shoot, but the easier it is to carry. Are you reloading? Or are you limited to factory ammo?

cghamm117 10-13-2012 08:22 PM

I will stay with a larger barrel most likely, at least probably 6 inches. I will not be reloading for a while anyway, so in this aspect I will be limited to factory ammo. I do plan eventually to get into reloading, but im on a budget now, and I assume getting started would be kinda expensive. Although long term I would save money. This is why I was thinking about the raging judge it is about 550 on buds were a sw 500 would be about 1300. I can see that the sw 500 would be the better quality. I have a M&P 9 and love it. So I am looking to get a "handcannon" basically, but I think maybe waiting and saving might be my best option.

kytowboater 10-13-2012 08:41 PM

S&W in .460 with a 8" bbl.