Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Questions Regarding Taurus Revolvers (Concealed Carry Models)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #21
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
I have that same exact Revolver do you happen to know what model it is mine has 122 D stamped on the inside of the cylinder hinge but i do not know if that is the model number or not I plan on using mine as a carry gun also.
One drop of LOC-TITE Blue will stop it from working lose...

Old 08-10-2009, 11:48 AM   #22
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
I'm really leaning towards something in the .357 magnum range for concealed carry. I am leaning more towards the revolvers lately because of the simple "point and click" interface (i.e. no safeties, slides, magazines, etc...).

Due to the high prices of revolvers lately, I have thought about purchasing something in the Taurus lineup (like a model 650 revolver).

What kind of performance can I expect out of a small barreled .357 magnum? How is the muzzle velocities? Will hollow-points expand reliably with such a short barrel? What kind of max effective distances can I expect with this kind of revolver? Does anybody have any good experience with wad-cutter loadings (I've heard they are an under rated defense round, and are gaining popularity)?

I got to tell you Sarge, this pistol in .357 Mag kicks like a pissed off Mule! It's almost impossible to get followup shots from the MUZZLE BLAST & RECOIL. That's why I went with the .38 Special...

I can easily keep a 3" group at 15 feet, and about an 8" group at 45 feet, using my M85UL Taurus. You can see that even with +P+ 38 Specials, my accuracy drops because of recoil & muzzle flash. It's still good though.
38spl_target.jpg  

Last edited by Mark F; 08-10-2009 at 11:50 AM.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:53 PM   #23

Default taurus

a little history.Buna punta owned S&W at one time and they owned Taurus,
they sent machines from the S&W plant to taurus.and upgraded theirs.taurus replaced the flat spring with coil.just look at a taurus and it is externaly a S&W.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Great "how-to" on the M85 spring change! Just bought one and will look forward to doing some work on it. Where's the best place to pick up the springs at?

Old 09-06-2009, 11:47 AM   #25
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
Great "how-to" on the M85 spring change! Just bought one and will look forward to doing some work on it. Where's the best place to pick up the springs at?
Wolff: Resources\Ordering

Old 09-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I really like that Taurus UL, but I am bias towards .357 Revolvers over anything elce.

OC

"magbum"

Old 10-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #27

how do you compress the trigger spring?

Old 10-15-2010, 05:45 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegatoRedrivers View Post

My carry weapon is a Taurus .38 special, and I've been happy with it. Not quite as concealable as a snubby, but I think that little extra bit of barrel gives me a bit more accuracy and a bit less kick.

Only problem I've had is that after a long day at the range the screw holding the grip together can get a bit loose. Just keep an eye on it, and carry a multi-tool.

dab a little bit of non aggressive loctite to prevent the screw from coming off. It will still be easy enoguh to unscrew afterwards. Just a thought.

letmef u c k i n gggooglethatforyou.com

Old 10-15-2010, 06:11 AM   #29

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
I'm really leaning towards something in the .357 magnum range for concealed carry. I am leaning more towards the revolvers lately because of the simple "point and click" interface (i.e. no safeties, slides, magazines, etc...).

Due to the high prices of revolvers lately, I have thought about purchasing something in the Taurus lineup (like a model 650 revolver).
You will definitely be satisified with a revolver for your CCW, however PLEASE allow me to try and talk you out of a Taurus.

I know you have great taste in guns Sarge and I shoot the heck out of revolvers and know you will be happier with a Smith (or Ruger).

You really CAN come close (lower) to the price of a new Taurus in the likes of a used Smith and Wesson, especially if you are willing to go with a .38 special (even with +p rating). They are fairly abundant right now and there are [B]countless/B] different models to choose from.

As far as Smiths. . . lately. . . EVEN TODAY!I have been seeing Models 36, 37, 66 (multiple later models -3 and up), 686 (multiple), 10, 60 for the classics and some 640s and 642s. For KILLER prices!

I was in Denver today and I visited GunSmoke and The Gun Room. I was So impressed with their Smith and Wesson inventory that I made myself a promise to squeeze a buy this weekend or next.

If you are interested I would be more than happy to call and ask for a list of short barreled Smith and Wesson revolvers and prices and get 'em to you. They mentioned online sales, so I know they would be glad to ship.

Rugers are out there too, but I was really taken by the Smiths lately, especially today.

Old 11-13-2010, 03:11 AM   #30

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I picked up a Taurus 605 about a month ago. I personally love this gun for the range and the pocket. I would recomend some practice before putting your full trust in it for defense. With .357 mags it does beat up the hand a little but nothing horrible. Rapid fire in double action for me kind of scatters the group but if i shoot the first shot in single action ill hit my mark almost every time.
I have had people (glock heads) rip on it at the range but with hydro shock 357 i am confident that i can stop someone with a single shot from this weapon. Not to mention that being a revolver it will go bang every time.