Question for the experts
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Question for the experts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 01:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Question for the experts

I've got a 1976 Ruger .41 Super Blackhawk Centennial that I purchased new and have since only fired once. It's been stored for years and only taken out for cleaning. I haven't been able to find another model like it for sale and was curious about it's value. Anyone?

Last edited by Groundhog; 12-28-2010 at 01:08 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-28-2010, 01:44 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5812 Times on 3033 Posts
Likes Given: 398

does it have something to the effect of "made in the 200th year of liberty" printed on the barrel??

pics would help. ruger makes a LOT of varients. i cant find any 41mags made in 76.

from your info it sounds like a blackhawk single in 41 magnum value in my blue book goes from 400-700$ depending on condition add 50-100 for liberty barrel. 700 is new in box with all packing materials pieces and parts manuals etc. 400 is 85%

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-28-2010, 02:03 AM   #3

It does have the Liberty barrel. Box might be packed away somewhere. Thanks for the info, was just curious.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:39 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

you might have a rare one. my blue book doesnt list a production for any blackhawk in 41mag in 1976. typically collector rugers are pre 73. doesnt mean they didnt make em during that period however.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Are you sure it's a "Super" Blackhawk and not a New Model or a Bisley? The Bisley came with both fluted and non-fluted cylinders. I didn't know Ruger made a "Super Blackhawk" in .41 Magnum? How long is the barrel?

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"

Old 12-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #6

Default Blackhawk .41

Check here; Ruger

Ruger New Model Blackhawk Serial Number History

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 12-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

thats liekly what it is then a new model. value will be blue book with a small bump for the 1976 barrel stamping. value liekly close to my first post since the new model was closest and what i was quoting.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:59 PM   #8

Serial number puts it at 1976. It's a new model blackhawk .41 mag with the liberty stamp on the 6" barrel. Fired only once.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I would think it's a 6 1/2 inch barrel--I don't think they made one with a 6 incher--either way nice gun. I would agree somewhere in the $500+ range, but you may get some more if you have the original box and a .41 mag fan like myself comes along.

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"