python or anaconda revolver
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > python or anaconda revolver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 03:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default python or anaconda revolver

ive heard that the python revolver is a powerfull gun that can easly tan go down your target.. what ive also heard that the anaconda revolver shot a giant bullet that will explode when shot do you guys even heard of this?????

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #2

Liked 90 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 25

The Python is a .357/.38 while the Anaconda is a .44 magnum which will also shoot the .44 special. "NO", the bullets do not explode the way you are thinking.........................

Jim.................

Old 12-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #3

thanks do that wil help me what are those special bullets

Old 12-13-2010, 03:05 PM   #4

Liked 90 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 25

The .44 special has a shorter case as does the .38 special vs the .357 mag.

Jim........

Old 12-13-2010, 03:33 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizir1shotguns View Post
what are those special bullets
The words "exploding bullets" and "special bullets" cover a wide range of things. Exploding bullets smaller than 20mm don't make much sense because they're not very powerful. If they're mixed in with solid bullets in a machine gun, they don't weigh the same or have the same trajectory and might miss the target.

There are a lot of different special bullets like armor piercing, tracer and incendiary, but for normal purposes in handguns like the Python and Anaconda, special bullets would be hollow points. They have a cavity, a hole, in the nose that makes them flatten out and expand in diameter when they hit a flesh and blood target. Expanding increases the shock effect.

The idea is to put down the target and stop the threat with fewer shots. Hollow points are actually less lethal than solid bullets for two reasons: 1. They go in but don't come out, meaning fewer holes and less external bleeding, and 2. their greater effectiveness means fewer bullets are needed to do the job, and fewer bullets means less bleeding and internal damage.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #6

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default special bullets 1,2,3,4

the only special bullets i know of are bullet 1 a .38 special . bullet 2 ....any caliber that has had its bullet frozen cryogenically that explodes on impact ...and 3 any caliber'' ice'' bullet again cryogenically frozen that melts ,leaving no trace ...used in government ''wet'' boy hits and 4 ...a .44 special

Old 12-16-2010, 08:11 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2995 Times on 1560 Posts
Likes Given: 279

"Ice" bullets are James Bond Fiction stuff. Cryogenically frozen bullets exploding on impact? Give me a break. If it can hold up to the forces it must endure during firing, it will not "explode" on impact with a body.

This guy is in Turkey. He has limited English skills and is exposed to all sorts of BS through hollywood and the mass media. Let's not fill his mind with more BS.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6010 Times on 3148 Posts
Likes Given: 431

Quote:
Originally Posted by powg View Post
the only special bullets i know of are bullet 1 a .38 special . bullet 2 ....any caliber that has had its bullet frozen cryogenically that explodes on impact ...and 3 any caliber'' ice'' bullet again cryogenically frozen that melts ,leaving no trace ...used in government ''wet'' boy hits and 4 ...a .44 special
complete myth

there are no ice bullets. how would it be a secret assassination with the assassin lugging around a cryo tank the size of a back pack pulling out "frozen" bullets loading his gun then secretly shooting a target??

lead doesnt change its structure based on cold. steel or iron will but they dont work well and even frozen will work no different than a normal temp bullet on soft targets.

want proof go watch the ice bullet episode of myth busters. they did a pretty decent episode on that james bond bs.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
"Ice" bullets are James Bond Fiction stuff. Cryogenically frozen bullets exploding on impact? Give me a break. If it can hold up to the forces it must endure during firing, it will not "explode" on impact with a body.

This guy is in Turkey. He has limited English skills and is exposed to all sorts of BS through hollywood and the mass media. Let's not fill his mind with more BS.
I did not say the words ice bullets so don't blame me

Old 12-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #10

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Wasn't it said Reagen and the others were hit with, "exploding tip .22 bullets"?

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Last edited by HKSlinger; 12-20-2010 at 10:08 PM.