Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   python or anaconda revolver (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/python-anaconda-revolver-35505/)

sizir1shotguns 12-12-2010 02:16 PM

python or anaconda revolver

ive heard that the python revolver is a powerfull gun that can easly tan go down your target.. what ive also heard that the anaconda revolver shot a giant bullet that will explode when shot do you guys even heard of this?????

masterPsmith 12-12-2010 03:18 PM

The Python is a .357/.38 while the Anaconda is a .44 magnum which will also shoot the .44 special. "NO", the bullets do not explode the way you are thinking.........................

Jim.................

sizir1shotguns 12-13-2010 01:03 PM

thanks do that wil help me what are those special bullets

masterPsmith 12-13-2010 02:05 PM

The .44 special has a shorter case as does the .38 special vs the .357 mag.

Jim........

GNLaFrance 12-13-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sizir1shotguns (Post 402111)
what are those special bullets

The words "exploding bullets" and "special bullets" cover a wide range of things. Exploding bullets smaller than 20mm don't make much sense because they're not very powerful. If they're mixed in with solid bullets in a machine gun, they don't weigh the same or have the same trajectory and might miss the target.

There are a lot of different special bullets like armor piercing, tracer and incendiary, but for normal purposes in handguns like the Python and Anaconda, special bullets would be hollow points. They have a cavity, a hole, in the nose that makes them flatten out and expand in diameter when they hit a flesh and blood target. Expanding increases the shock effect.

The idea is to put down the target and stop the threat with fewer shots. Hollow points are actually less lethal than solid bullets for two reasons: 1. They go in but don't come out, meaning fewer holes and less external bleeding, and 2. their greater effectiveness means fewer bullets are needed to do the job, and fewer bullets means less bleeding and internal damage.

powg 12-16-2010 04:20 PM

special bullets 1,2,3,4

the only special bullets i know of are bullet 1 a .38 special . bullet 2 ....any caliber that has had its bullet frozen cryogenically that explodes on impact ...and 3 any caliber'' ice'' bullet again cryogenically frozen that melts ,leaving no trace ...used in government ''wet'' boy hits and 4 ...a .44 special

robocop10mm 12-16-2010 07:11 PM

"Ice" bullets are James Bond Fiction stuff. Cryogenically frozen bullets exploding on impact? Give me a break. If it can hold up to the forces it must endure during firing, it will not "explode" on impact with a body.

This guy is in Turkey. He has limited English skills and is exposed to all sorts of BS through hollywood and the mass media. Let's not fill his mind with more BS.

JonM 12-16-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powg (Post 404104)
the only special bullets i know of are bullet 1 a .38 special . bullet 2 ....any caliber that has had its bullet frozen cryogenically that explodes on impact ...and 3 any caliber'' ice'' bullet again cryogenically frozen that melts ,leaving no trace ...used in government ''wet'' boy hits and 4 ...a .44 special

complete myth

there are no ice bullets. how would it be a secret assassination with the assassin lugging around a cryo tank the size of a back pack pulling out "frozen" bullets loading his gun then secretly shooting a target??

lead doesnt change its structure based on cold. steel or iron will but they dont work well and even frozen will work no different than a normal temp bullet on soft targets.

want proof go watch the ice bullet episode of myth busters. they did a pretty decent episode on that james bond bs.

sizir1shotguns 12-20-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 404200)
"Ice" bullets are James Bond Fiction stuff. Cryogenically frozen bullets exploding on impact? Give me a break. If it can hold up to the forces it must endure during firing, it will not "explode" on impact with a body.

This guy is in Turkey. He has limited English skills and is exposed to all sorts of BS through hollywood and the mass media. Let's not fill his mind with more BS.

I did not say the words ice bullets so don't blame me

HKSlinger 12-20-2010 09:05 PM

Wasn't it said Reagen and the others were hit with, "exploding tip .22 bullets"?:rolleyes: