Prvi Partizan Ammo Good or Bad?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Prvi Partizan Ammo Good or Bad?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Prvi Partizan Ammo Good or Bad?

Picked up a couple boxes of 32 S&W Long Prvi Partizan Serbian ammo yesterday at a gun show. Shot up a box yesterday and over half of it misfired. Tried second time some third time and it did fire. Have used American made ammo in the same pistol (South American) and it all fired.

Has anyone had problem with this ammo? Also can it be reloaded. Is there any problem with the primers?

Thanks in advance for the help.

SOUTHERN BORN CONSERVATIVE REDNECK AND VERY PROUD OF IT

ARMY 1970-1971 MP SGT Nam
Army 1976-1994 MP/CID Agent 1SG

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I've heard mostly good about Privi Partisan. However, one of the things I heard was that they have hard primers which may account for your misfires.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks CA. Some fired first time most took two or three hammer falls. A hard primer makes sense.

By the way, I took advice and bought the ABC of reloading and I am reading it before I do anything about reloading.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:30 PM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've shot 1.5 boxes of it, and didn't have any issues. It's fairly smokey, but I've got 4 magazines full of it in .380.

Old 10-12-2009, 03:43 PM   #5

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Seems to be good ammo for the most part never had a misfire in my Ruger BH,primers are probably a little on the hard side since the ammo is made at the Serbian ammo plant that also make military ammo.

Just curious if you were firing the ammo in a S & W. Have a friend with a S & W 357 mag that has a hard time with Win. and CCI primers has to use Federal SP primer all the time in his reloads because there the softest of the three.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The gun that I was shooting was an import from South America. Something like the import company that was in Florida years ago. I figure that it is a hard primer combined with a cheap pistol that caused the misfires. Maybe I should see what I can get for it at the gun shop and get me something else. Have a good 9mm for carry.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #7

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sorry I missed the South American part on the first post I think my dad has the same pistol his is chromed with white grips has a stamp somewhere on it kinda looks like a tiger and made in Brazil.

It's a great shooting pistol like most 32 Cal. are I need to get some dies and reload for the thing since ammo is so scares. Local guy over in Oakboro,NC just opened up a gun shop he makes commercial cast bullets and carries 32 Cal. 100 gr. RNFP.

32 S & W long is kinda headed towards the obsolete cartridge rough one of these day I fear.