Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Poly framed revolver?:eek:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Poly framed revolver?:eek:

I am not really a revolver type guy, mostly because I can't shoot one for crap, but I was browsing Taurus' site today and saw these. Taurus Judge Polymer

I know they make semi's with poly frames, but a revolver?..it just seems to go along the lines of a polymer 1911 in 9mm or a .22 cal conversion for your 50 cal.

I don't know maybe I'm way off.

On a good note, I did see these Raging Judge, .454 Casull, .45 Long Colt and 3" .410. Now if I can figure out a way to get one in CA.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-12-2010, 11:52 PM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Search here for some actual user experience with a Judge.

The Ruger LCR has a poly & aluminum frame...

Old 02-13-2010, 12:15 AM   #3

I know there are a couple of guys here that have the Judge. I would love to be one of them, but they are illegal in CA...so I can't have one.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-13-2010, 02:17 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Search here for some actual user experience with a Judge.

The Ruger LCR has a poly & aluminum frame...
Any stressed part of the LCR is aluminum, only the fire control housing is polymer. On the Taurus and the S&W bodyguard, the whole thing is polymer.
Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm

Old 02-13-2010, 02:21 AM   #5

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Just traded mine away....it SUUUcked

Old 02-13-2010, 03:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Just traded mine away....it SUUUcked
I've heard nothing but bad things about the older ones pretty much they weren't good for anything. However, the ones that I linked to with the 6" barrel would be great for hunting. Magnum slugs or 454 casull with that barrel length should be pretty good to about 30 yards.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-14-2010, 12:09 AM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

In my opinion ANY plastic gun should be taken back to the Walmart toy department it came from.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:23 AM   #8
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-30remchester View Post
In my opinion ANY plastic gun should be taken back to the Walmart toy department it came from.
I had this very same opinion for YEARS... still do to some extent. I dislike Glocks and most other Tupperware autoloaders. However, I do own a Ruger LCR, a Kel Tec P3AT, and a Ruger P345. These serve their purpose well, and don't look too Wally World.