pocket size, concealed hammer revolver? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > pocket size, concealed hammer revolver?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I am with hardluk on this, search the used counters for a good deal. Several people buy them thinking that they are going to be easy to shoot and find out different. Then they trade them in for nothing and get gobbled up quickly.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #12

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by juststartin5272 View Post
Anyone have some suggestions of some pocket size concealed hammer revolvers other than the lcr and something with a budget pricetag in mind?
Hi Juststartin:

Just last week we bought my girlfriend a brand new Ruger LCR in 38 Special for $399. The 38 Special is $100 cheaper than the 357. She couldn't handle the 357. Hence the 38 Special. Frankly, IMHO, a 38 Special is all ya really need. We both prefer revolvers. No safeties or feed issues to deal with. A revolver is just more intuitive for her to deploy quickly and accurately. Her LCR is super light weight, reliable as dirt, silky smooth trigger, and super accurate. I cut one ragged hole at 21 feet from a bench rest. I have a Ruger Redhawk and GP100, but I'm think of getting an LCR in 38 Special. Ya really can't get much cheaper for a really nice gun that's built like a tank. When I put it in my front pocket, I don't even know it's there. It's that light! My girlfriend is 67 and has no problem with its recoil. I reload for both of us and I have a shooting range on my property, so we practice a lot together.

I'm sure there are less costly guns that are really nice. But I can only speak from my own personal experience with my girlfriends LCR. It's one sweet gun!

Don <><

Last edited by genesis; 06-23-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If you're worried about the cost of the LCR, my suggestion will not help you. But I was lucky enough to find a S&W Model 42 Classic before they halted production.
Nice, crisp double action trigger in a beautiful package.

Be polite. Be professional. And have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Wiebelhaus Likes This