Other folks' Ruger Revolver Comments
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Other folks' Ruger Revolver Comments

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2014, 06:33 AM   #1
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3377 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Other folks' Ruger Revolver Comments

Was just wondering what folks thought of the Ruger LCR line versus their older Revolvers( Security and Speed Sixes). While the Polymer frame fills up most folks hands well enough, the factory grip is less then comfortable. On my wife's SP101, she needed the Houge Monogrip. Has anyone put one on their LCR? A different Grip?

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-20-2014, 06:25 PM   #2

Liked 306 Times on 245 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I like Hogue soft rubber grips and use them on my DW revolvers even have a Hogue soft rubber palm swell grip panels on my 1911 and put a Hogue on my Taurus 85ss for training and ccw class for my girls and friends so they would have a little extra to help with control. I have shot an 38sp lcr and with 38+P ammo I did not think it was that bad as a carry grip but can understand a newer shooter would not be found of them. If you think you need them give one a try.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:34 PM   #3

Thanks Hardluk. It's not for me. It's for the wife. I rented and shot the LCR in 22Mag. last year, and I personally had no need to change the grip. i might think different with 38+P's or 357's...May be a moot point. Wife wants my SR9 now! Told her we can get her, her own in Stainless two Tone...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-22-2014, 02:14 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My LCRx came with the Hogue monogrip with the sorbathane insert and I love it. Fits perfect and cushions rather well.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:59 PM   #5

She has the Orig. But she's going to "Trade it back for either the Hammered model, or possibly something else. She likes Heavier guns and grips that help soak up recoil, but they are too much to carry and Draw from her purse or from inside the SUV. We record "The Best Defense", and "Stop the Threat" and watch a few Others, plus DVDs and Online Vids so we can discuss scenarios and plan. We also practice some Drills when we shoot outside. Hopefully our spot in the Desert isn't too full this weekend. We're bringing some folks for a "Shooting Picnic" Saturday afternoon. Might be the last outdoor shooting other then the Matches until Oct.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 05-22-2014, 09:46 PM   #6

Liked 2218 Times on 1524 Posts
Likes Given: 820

I like the LCR with adjustable buckhorn sights but the 3 dot sights are hard for me to shoot. I have the same issue with the LC9. I could see the buckhorn sights causing problems with a ladies attire.

Last edited by John_Deer; 05-22-2014 at 09:49 PM.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:01 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 882 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 1841

When I saw the thread title, I thought I was going to pop in here and sing the praises of my favorite Ruger - the New Model Super Blackhawk in .44 Mag. But then I read your opening post.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:35 AM   #8

Default Other folks' Ruger Revolver Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
When I saw the thread title, I thought I was going to pop in here and sing the praises of my favorite Ruger - the New Model Super Blackhawk in .44 Mag. But then I read your opening post.

You still Can!! I wish I could get. Redhawk or Super Redhawk in 41Mag to go with my Dan Wesson,.or find another S&W 57 or 58 like the one I had,...
We like the SA 22's as well. stainless single 6/9/10's are nice too!

Old 06-05-2014, 06:35 AM   #9

Liked 102 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Don't want a plastic gun. It's just me. I've shot several. Don't much care for Glock flexing, in my grip or Ruger, possibly.
I want steel or stainless and wood in my guns.
Don't have Security Six but a Stainless Vaquero and Stainless .22/.22Mag Security Six. and Stainless .22 slab side barrel Hunter with glass. and a Ruger .22 auto stamped mad in the 200th year of American Liberty. It's been accurized but I have all the parts to put it back. Like them all but the triggers are no where as good as a Colt Revolver Trooper.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:00 PM   #10

Liked 306 Times on 245 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Well! Did your wife get the SR9? Hows she like it.