The original M&P S&W

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > The original M&P S&W

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2014, 12:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 741 Times on 516 Posts
Likes Given: 773

Default The original M&P S&W

Just did a "cleaning" of a 1920's S&W that became the model 10. It was covered in grunge and had some organic matter in places it should not have been. The owner told me it had been stored in a Confederate, civil war holster for about 30 years. The grips are unique, they are not ivory, one small chip on the top of one, a slight surface crack on the other. They were definitely custom made. I can't figure out what they are. They are solid and are organic, white, slightly iridescent. There was slight pitting on the barrel outside, very slight. The cylinder was good and still retains most bluing. The frame had slight pitting, or should I say shallow and is no longer noticeable on one side, the other is more noticeable, but this gun was not well cared for. There was rust under the grips on the frame from being rained on, but ended up surface only. The inards are perfect. The bore is VG, The chambers are VG. It is now fully functional. My wife keeps telling me I should get paid for what I can do in an hour and a half. It is fun. It started life as his Grand fathers duty gun.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-12-2014, 12:19 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9399 Times on 4051 Posts
Likes Given: 1476

The Military and Police Model should go down in the books as the Peacemaker of the 20th Century. That revolver rode in the holster of more peace officers, got neglected, got used as a blackjack, fell down stairs- and it still worked when you pulled the trigger.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:24 AM   #3
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7677 Times on 4172 Posts
Likes Given: 16094

Are they pearl grips?

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 08-12-2014, 12:33 AM   #4

It has to be the longest consecutive production model ever. 1899 to today. It is amazing at what a fine machine it is while being both graceful and a brute.
Ballistics on this 6" model are 1000fps with a 158gr lead slug. I'll step aside thank you.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Are they pearl grips?
Mother of Pearl? Could be, the owner thinks they are, but I'm not sure. If you look at the inside of the grips, there is a definite texture.