Opinions? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Opinions?

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 01:49 AM   #11
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,881
Liked 2231 Times on 1205 Posts
Likes Given: 803

Default

I bet you dollars to donuts, that it will go bang every time you pull the trigger... assuming ammo.

__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Old 01-22-2013, 01:52 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
iftown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 82
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

There are untold numbers of ND's that happen with unloaded guns. Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Or... learn by experience. Personally, I prefer to learn from those who have been there and done that.
Pretty sure i know what im doin. Its been 4 years playing with handguns havnt killed myself yet
__________________
iftown is offline  
 
Old 01-22-2013, 01:54 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
iftown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 82
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
I bet you dollars to donuts, that it will go bang every time you pull the trigger... assuming ammo.
K u owe me dollars an donuts cuz it aint goin bang with no ammo
__________________
iftown is offline  
 
Old 01-22-2013, 01:58 AM   #14
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,881
Liked 2231 Times on 1205 Posts
Likes Given: 803

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
I bet you dollars to donuts, that it will go bang every time you pull the trigger... assuming ammo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iftown View Post
K u owe me dollars an donuts cuz it aint goin bang with no ammo
ahem.
.......
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Old 01-22-2013, 02:07 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iftown View Post
Pretty sure i know what im doin. Its been 4 years playing with handguns havnt killed myself yet
I'm not impressed. I've had a gun since I was seven. That's 21 years, and I'm a baby compared to many, in both age and gun ownership experience. If you think you're smarter and better than everyone else, fine. I just hope no one gets hurt. No one is immune. Make a bad habit with an unloaded gun, that habit can very easily transfer to the same gun while loaded.

No one is trying to insult your intelligence, but ask yourself one very simple and easy question: Do you think the "golden rules" of gun safety were written by a A. scholar with no gun experience, B. a shooter with tons of experience, or C. compiled from the worldwide shooting community as a whole, with untold hundreds or even thousands of years worth of cumulative experience with firearms? (not so subtle hint: the answer is C.)

You may go your entire life with your finger on the trigger of even a loaded gun and never have an ND. But...
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Old 01-22-2013, 02:07 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,635
Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

There are untold numbers of ND's that happen with unloaded guns. Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Or... learn by experience. Personally, I prefer to learn from those who have been there and done that.
Lmao booger
__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Old 01-22-2013, 02:09 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,635
Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iftown View Post

K u owe me dollars an donuts cuz it aint goin bang with no ammo
Unloaded guns are the deadliest. Nothen more dangerous than an unloaded gun
__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Old 01-22-2013, 02:16 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
iftown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 82
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

I'm not impressed. I've had a gun since I was seven. That's 21 years, and I'm a baby compared to many, in both age and gun ownership experience. If you think you're smarter and better than everyone else, fine. I just hope no one gets hurt. No one is immune. Make a bad habit with an unloaded gun, that habit can very easily transfer to the same gun while loaded.

No one is trying to insult your intelligence, but ask yourself one very simple and easy question: Do you think the "golden rules" of gun safety were written by a A. scholar with no gun experience, B. a shooter with tons of experience, or C. compiled from the worldwide shooting community as a whole, with untold hundreds or even thousands of years worth of cumulative experience with firearms? (not so subtle hint: the answer is C.)

You may go your entire life with your finger on the trigger of even a loaded gun and never have an ND. But...
Jus saying i dont think im a know it all but i dont carry the habit over to a loaded one i always check the chamber/cylender before playing with them or tearing them apart i knew it was unloadedand i originally took that picture to send to a freind to somewhat show the undercover hammer
__________________
iftown is offline  
 
Old 01-22-2013, 04:12 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Garadex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 1,267
Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Default

Please stay far away from me if you have a gun in your hand. I hope you don't hit anyone when you have an ND.

__________________

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Garadex is offline  
 
Old 01-22-2013, 04:28 AM   #20
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,248
Liked 8501 Times on 4919 Posts
Likes Given: 11053

Default

iftown, Around here we pay a very high level of attention to safety and if we see a pic of something we would not advise a new shooter do, we will point it out. It is not meant to say anything other than you shouldn't do that. Just this past weekend there were several Negligent Discharges (there is no such thing as an "accidental" discharge- they are all due to negligence) at gun shows and rallies all over the country. Every one of those people knew for certain the guns they were handling were unloaded.

How do I know? I am 47 years old. I had an ND with a gun that I had just that moment, when I pulled it out of my safe, checked it to make sure it was unloaded and did not have a magazine inserted. I handed it to my buddy and told him to try the trigger. He shot a hole through my bedroom wall.

It happens. Not to everyone, but it does happen even to people like me who are safety Nazis.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch at all times unless you are firing at a target. If you are taking a picture to post on a pro-gun site like this, keep your finger off the trigger. We all understand. And if you don't, we will call it to your attention.

As to the gun, is that a double-action only with an exposed hammer? Hmm. Can't say I would go for that. In a DA-only gun I want an internal hammer. Having it exposed sort of defeats one of the purposes of DA-only, doesn't it?

Let us know how it shoots.

__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Opinions glockcoma Glock Forum 10 03-23-2012 10:42 PM
Opinions Please... Ryno702 General Rifle Discussion 12 03-17-2012 02:05 AM
Opinions on this AK PensFan_87 AK & SKS Discussion 14 04-01-2010 02:27 AM
AR-15/M4/M16 Opinions The Brewer General Rifle Discussion 8 11-05-2009 04:43 PM
opinions please Kain .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 10 08-29-2009 11:12 PM