Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Opinions? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/opinions-81869/)

iftown 01-19-2013 09:19 PM

Opinions?

1 Attachment(s)
I just picked up a new charter arms 38 snubby undercover ive heard alotta good things bout them but heard some bad. anybodys opions?

danf_fl 01-19-2013 09:51 PM

It looks like it needs a trip to the range.

Why not be a nice guy and do that?

HOSSFLY 01-19-2013 11:25 PM

Well- i liked the old CA Bulldog for exactly what it was made for :)

iftown 01-20-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 1101118)
It looks like it needs a trip to the range.

Why not be a nice guy and do that?

I actually jus did i took my new 300 win too shot em both for first time awesome love em both

JimRau 01-20-2013 02:28 PM

I have used several over the years and had no complaints.:)

Garadex 01-21-2013 09:26 PM

Uhhh, get your finger of the trigger is my opinion.

c3shooter 01-21-2013 09:44 PM

Charter is OK. Quality and finish not as good as a S&W, but is not an RG or Clerke.

HOSSFLY 01-21-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garadex (Post 1104101)

He's about to shoot a upside down cake ;)

iftown 01-22-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garadex (Post 1104101)

.......why? It aint loaded

trip286 01-22-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iftown (Post 1104468)
.......why? It aint loaded

There are untold numbers of ND's that happen with unloaded guns. Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Or... learn by experience. Personally, I prefer to learn from those who have been there and done that.

ScottA 01-22-2013 01:49 AM

I bet you dollars to donuts, that it will go bang every time you pull the trigger... assuming ammo.

iftown 01-22-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 1104470)

There are untold numbers of ND's that happen with unloaded guns. Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Or... learn by experience. Personally, I prefer to learn from those who have been there and done that.

Pretty sure i know what im doin. Its been 4 years playing with handguns havnt killed myself yet

iftown 01-22-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottA (Post 1104493)
I bet you dollars to donuts, that it will go bang every time you pull the trigger... assuming ammo.

K u owe me dollars an donuts cuz it aint goin bang with no ammo

ScottA 01-22-2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottA (Post 1104493)

Quote:

Originally Posted by iftown (Post 1104501)

ahem. :rolleyes:

trip286 01-22-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iftown (Post 1104500)
Pretty sure i know what im doin. Its been 4 years playing with handguns havnt killed myself yet

I'm not impressed. I've had a gun since I was seven. That's 21 years, and I'm a baby compared to many, in both age and gun ownership experience. If you think you're smarter and better than everyone else, fine. I just hope no one gets hurt. No one is immune. Make a bad habit with an unloaded gun, that habit can very easily transfer to the same gun while loaded.

No one is trying to insult your intelligence, but ask yourself one very simple and easy question: Do you think the "golden rules" of gun safety were written by a A. scholar with no gun experience, B. a shooter with tons of experience, or C. compiled from the worldwide shooting community as a whole, with untold hundreds or even thousands of years worth of cumulative experience with firearms? (not so subtle hint: the answer is C.)

You may go your entire life with your finger on the trigger of even a loaded gun and never have an ND. But...

Ultimate_sig 01-22-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 1104470)

Lmao booger

Ultimate_sig 01-22-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iftown (Post 1104501)

Unloaded guns are the deadliest. Nothen more dangerous than an unloaded gun

iftown 01-22-2013 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 1104516)

I'm not impressed. I've had a gun since I was seven. That's 21 years, and I'm a baby compared to many, in both age and gun ownership experience. If you think you're smarter and better than everyone else, fine. I just hope no one gets hurt. No one is immune. Make a bad habit with an unloaded gun, that habit can very easily transfer to the same gun while loaded.

No one is trying to insult your intelligence, but ask yourself one very simple and easy question: Do you think the "golden rules" of gun safety were written by a A. scholar with no gun experience, B. a shooter with tons of experience, or C. compiled from the worldwide shooting community as a whole, with untold hundreds or even thousands of years worth of cumulative experience with firearms? (not so subtle hint: the answer is C.)

You may go your entire life with your finger on the trigger of even a loaded gun and never have an ND. But...

Jus saying i dont think im a know it all but i dont carry the habit over to a loaded one i always check the chamber/cylender before playing with them or tearing them apart i knew it was unloadedand i originally took that picture to send to a freind to somewhat show the undercover hammer

Garadex 01-22-2013 04:12 AM

Please stay far away from me if you have a gun in your hand. I hope you don't hit anyone when you have an ND.

Vikingdad 01-22-2013 04:28 AM

iftown, Around here we pay a very high level of attention to safety and if we see a pic of something we would not advise a new shooter do, we will point it out. It is not meant to say anything other than you shouldn't do that. Just this past weekend there were several Negligent Discharges (there is no such thing as an "accidental" discharge- they are all due to negligence) at gun shows and rallies all over the country. Every one of those people knew for certain the guns they were handling were unloaded.

How do I know? I am 47 years old. I had an ND with a gun that I had just that moment, when I pulled it out of my safe, checked it to make sure it was unloaded and did not have a magazine inserted. I handed it to my buddy and told him to try the trigger. He shot a hole through my bedroom wall.

It happens. Not to everyone, but it does happen even to people like me who are safety Nazis.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch at all times unless you are firing at a target. If you are taking a picture to post on a pro-gun site like this, keep your finger off the trigger. We all understand. And if you don't, we will call it to your attention.

As to the gun, is that a double-action only with an exposed hammer? Hmm. Can't say I would go for that. In a DA-only gun I want an internal hammer. Having it exposed sort of defeats one of the purposes of DA-only, doesn't it?

Let us know how it shoots.

iftown 01-22-2013 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garadex (Post 1104773)
Please stay far away from me if you have a gun in your hand. I hope you don't hit anyone when you have an ND.

Lol........ok dont plan on bein around u anyway and if i have a (accidental) discharge ul be the first to know and il appologize for handling a gun the wrong way. :) happy?

danolator 01-22-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iftown

Famous last words.

trip286 01-22-2013 12:29 PM

Last thing I'll say on it. I was witness to the aftermath of an unintentional suicide/Darwin award. Cop neighbor, his sister was going through a divorce and had moved in a couple weeks prior. She was constantly nagging him to get rid of his guns. I think he got pissed off and got an attitude...
One day, he was sitting at his kitchen table cleaning his duty sidearm, when his sister walked in and said something along the lines of "I wish you would just put that thing away". He says, "it's not loaded, see?" And put it to his head and pulled the trigger.

Now, this guy was a veteran of the local PD. I'm not sure how long, but he'd been around quite a while. A cop since I was a kid, and I'm almost 30. He was college educated with at least a bachelor's, although I can't remember what field.

My point is, he wasn't a random dumb ass. And he blew his brains all over the kitchen with an unloaded gun. A gun he'd carried for years. I was called over to help, which consisted of calling 911 to tell them to send a deputy and a coroner. And now his son, just a year or two younger than me, is unhinged all the time.

None of us are talking out our asses.

zombiehunter 01-22-2013 12:50 PM

The pic is disturbing non the less. Also, why not ask the opinions of the people before buying the firearm?

ScottA 01-22-2013 01:03 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_oSmneHSBf4...dead_horse.jpg

I think he gets the point.

PC167 01-22-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iftown

jus saying i dont think im a know it all but i dont carry the habit over to a loaded one i always check the chamber/cylender before playing with them or tearing them apart i knew it was unloadedand i originally took that picture to send to a freind to somewhat show the undercover hammer

You treat every gun as if it is LOADED!! Period!

iftown 01-22-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zombiehunter (Post 1105028)
The pic is disturbing non the less. Also, why not ask the opinions of the people before buying the firearm?

I actually did about 5 personal people i work with and my buddies gunshop i bought from ...... and if its so disturbing get the fuk off my post say what u guys will but ive never had **** happen and im comfortable with myself and why would the dumbass put a gun to his head or point it at anybody he must not of had common sense or he wanted to die thats something they dont teach at ur big fancy collage an get ur bachelor. He must of skipped out on kindergarten through 5th grade

HOSSFLY 01-22-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iftown (Post 1105089)
I actually did about 5 personal people i work with and my buddies gunshop i bought from ...... and if its so disturbing get the fuk off my post say what u guys will but ive never had **** happen and im comfortable with myself and why would the dumbass put a gun to his head or point it at anybody he must not of had common sense or he wanted to die thats something they dont teach at ur big fancy collage an get ur bachelor. He must of skipped out on kindergarten through 5th grade

Need to thicken your skin a bit my friend ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...50312443_n.jpg

iftown 01-22-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 1105125)

Need to thicken your skin a bit my friend ;)

No not offended at all. everybody is different an thats just how the world goes i know people that always keep there finger on trigger no matter what there doin whether its personal defense or hunting. Jus sayn everybody will have there own way of handling a firearm

HOSSFLY 01-22-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iftown (Post 1105147)
No not offended at all. everybody is different an thats just how the world goes i know people that always keep there finger on trigger no matter what there doin whether its personal defense or hunting. Jus sayn everybody will have there own way of handling a firearm

Long as nobody gets shot it ain't a issue-
But to be clear keep it off when around me :p

iftown 01-22-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 1105181)

Long as nobody gets shot it ain't a issue-
But to be clear keep it off when around me :p

Thats the morale.

ScottA 01-22-2013 02:45 PM

Ok. He got the point. Keep your finger off the trigger.

And by the way. Nice gun. Welcome to the forum.

We're done here.