Old S&W 22 cal.
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

Old S&W 22 cal.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Old S&W 22 cal.

I just registered with Firearms Talk hoping to gain in my knowledge and interact with other conversations about firearms.
I came home from a gun shop yesterday, having an old Smith&Wesson 22 cal. pistol appraised. The pistol has a serial number of 384563 with a 6" barrel, hand extactor, in my research I believe it is called a kit gun. The man at the gun shop appraised it at 60% which showed a value of $1150, then he pointed out an extra comment saying that this pistol could be worth 200% of listed value. He did not say what serial number was needed to meet this criteria. Does anyone know why such a great jump in price is placed upon this pistol. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-26-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10954 Times on 4746 Posts
Likes Given: 1800

Railroader. the S&W Model 34 "Kit gun" (name meant small enough to be packed in your kit when hiking) was also known as a 22/32, since it was .22 caliber on a .32 frame. They were made in 2 inch and 4 inch. However, there was an earlier version made before S&W was hanging model numbers on guns, and was known as a Bekheart model.

Phil Bekheart was a San Fran dealer that convinced S&W to make one hell of a target revolver- a .22, based on the .32 frame. They had 6 inch bbls. The first run that he ordered are "True Bekhearts"- serial number 138226 to 139275. Later guns are more common, are simply known as "Bekhearts" and sell for less money. These are NOT kit guns, but are 22-32 Hand Ejectors. Made from about 1911-1952.

I would urge you to get a TRUE appraisal by a knowledgable S&W expert. Which ain't me. I make great chili, am a hell of a hand with high explosives, and a fair wing shot- but not a qualified appraiser.

and congratulations!

Old 05-27-2011, 04:49 AM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

C3, do you really look like Strother Martin? Not to highjack the thread, I've just always wondered.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10954 Times on 4746 Posts
Likes Given: 1800

Why, no- I am MUCH better looking!

Thought you knew- on-line everyone is 6'2", slender, has 6 pack abs, and dark curly hair.

In real life I am that sweet little old man down the street that looks like a cross between Santa and a garden gnome. Lulls them into a false sense of security, until they find the character played by Jack Nicholson (H-E-R-E-S JOHNIE!) was inspired by me when I got pissed off by a telemarketer.

Newest Threads