Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Old .22 revolver (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/old-22-revolver-4687/)

dragunovsks 05-29-2008 01:05 AM

Old .22 revolver

I recently acquired a .22 cal six-shot revolver, it's been in the family for years. It's a model TA76, with "ARMIFLLI TANFOGLIO GARDONE, V.T. ITALY", stamped on the left side of the barrel. The cylinder doesn't tilt out to the right to reload, you have to load it one round at a time. Can anyone enlighten me on an approxiamate age of this pistol?

fapprez 05-29-2008 02:05 AM

I don't know anything about this pistol. Upon researching it, all I could come up with on the ARMI F. LLI TANFOGLIO ta76 was that it is commonly called the Excam, they went out of business in 1990, and that they are supposedly low quality inexpensive firearms manufactured in Italy. Parts also seem hard to come by as they are not worth repairing. However, I, myself know that money has no bearing on a family heirloom. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

CA357 05-29-2008 02:13 AM

Is it possible that it's the same company as Tanfoglio/EAA Witness pistols? Or perhaps it's an earlier incarnation of that company? What do google and the other search engines say? Are they all drawing a blank? I'm curious myself. :confused:

dragunovsks 05-29-2008 08:41 PM

Thanx for the help, actually it does say Excam on the left side of the frame under the cylinder, along with HIALEAH, FLA. I didn't say anything before cause my sks has C.I.A. HURLEY, NY on it. I just figured that's where it was imported to the U.S. You say they went under in 1990, well at least I know it's not any newer than that. It's actually missing the pin that holds the cylinder in, (you can change the cylinder to use .22 mag rounds). I haven't tried to google it or anything yet, I figured I should try this first. I will upload pic of it. For a cheap gun, it shoots pretty good, and load as hell too.

vstoltzfus 03-04-2011 02:58 AM

I purchased the same handgun new in the late 70's. It originally came with thin plastic handgrips. 20 some years ago I molded my own handgrips from oak and still find the gun to be a pleasure to shoot, however I do recommend ear protection. As for finding replacement parts, I would reccomend searching the internet or contacting your local gunsmith. The cost of repairing the gun may over-ride the original purchase price, however as a keepsake (especially since the company is no longer in business) would be well worth the small investment you may have to make. Hope this helps you.

Vince

c3shooter 03-04-2011 04:12 AM

Folks that reply to threads from 2008 are required to buy a round of beer for the house. :D

DrumJunkie 03-04-2011 04:13 AM

w00t! free beer!

doctherock 03-04-2011 04:53 AM

Hold on fellas, make that a diet Dr pepper for me.

masterPsmith 03-04-2011 02:40 PM

I agree. I see a lot of old posts replied to by newer members. It is aggrivating at times.......

Jim.......

lsw1488 06-02-2011 07:54 AM

I have the "ARMIFLLI TANFOGLIO GARDONE, V.T. ITALY", It belonged to my husband's great grandfather he was born in 1886 and came to American around 1900. We believe he bought it with him from Germany. I even have the original holster it came with. When WWW 1 started he took off for Mexico and was never heard from again. That should tell you a little bit about how old the gun is.