Next gun?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Next gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Next gun?

I've got a Taurus Judge, SpringfieldXDM9, Glock 22. Any ideas for what my next hand gun should be?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Welcome to FTF. Nice selection of guns. Maybe a garand next?

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:08 AM   #3

Liked 279 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Guess sense your in the revolver section you want a revolver. Keep and eye open for a old Dan Wesson revolver made in monson mass with a removeable barrels. 15-2 are the 357 and other model of the small frame . The large frame is LARGE. Prices are good and accuracy is above most any others even when 35 years old and ugly. You can change barrels in just a couple minutes for deferent needs.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:08 AM   #4

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts

How about a Ruger black hawk 44 mag.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #5

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I think you need something in .22LR. May I suggest you go buy a TacSol dedicated .22LR slide/barrel for your G22. Fun & cheap practice. I have one and love it.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:29 AM   #6

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Get a wheel gun. I assume you already own a shotgun.

Criminals advocate stronger gun laws to foster a safer work environment. This limits their exposure to risk.

Old 08-25-2012, 05:47 AM   #7

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem_
How about a Ruger black hawk 44 mag.
Seconded! To the OP Don't listen to the smith and colt fanboys, a ruger will out shoot, out last, and just generally kick more azz than either colt or smith. The ruger will be something that you arent afraid to shoot cause "its too pretty" rugers are rugged and built for work. Buy a ruger you wont be disappointed.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:15 AM   #8

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineverFTF View Post
Seconded! To the OP Don't listen to the smith and colt fanboys, a ruger will out shoot, out last, and just generally kick more azz than either colt or smith. The ruger will be something that you arent afraid to shoot cause "its too pretty" rugers are rugged and built for work. Buy a ruger you wont be disappointed.
I sure like Rugers too. Have Smith and Colt, too - but Rugers are fine guns.

If you are going for concealed carry revolver -maybe a Ruger LCR in either 38 or 357. If you like Smith - the nearly same gun is the 38 Airlight series. Both excellent 5 shot snubnose. I have both - think the Ruger is just a little better - less recoil - better grip padding (non on the smith backstrap). They are both light weight guns and have some kick to them even in 38.

If not for conceal then that 44 Magnum is interesting. But if you want something useful as a never-fail house gun - if you can find some old police guns in 38 or 357 - revolvers, I mean. Like a colt Trooper -- fine gun. Or a Smith Model 14.
357 is a tough round to beat - stopping power wise. But not so much fun to shoot - unless the gun is heavy - like these old police guns.

You won't match the cheap shooting of the 9mm with any of these guns though.
Always trade-offs....
And speaking of cheap shooting - you cannot match 22's. Great cartridge to practice with. I have in revolver and semi-auto. Semi-auto is the Ruger Mark III -- such an excellent target pistol! And most of the world agrees...

Old 08-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #9

Thanks everybody. I think I am leaning toward a 22 because they are cheap to shoot plus I don't have one. I just got a Remington 700 30-06 and can't wait to try it out. Putting a scope on it this week. So it will be a little while before I can afford another gun .

Old 08-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6344 Times on 3547 Posts
Likes Given: 5923

Colt Python. b The best of the best.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz