New to site and looking for answers
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > New to site and looking for answers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New to site and looking for answers

I have purchased at a gun show a "new model army" .44 caliber percussion cap revolver with a 71/2" octogon barrel. Other than needing a good cleaning it is solid and shows little wear. Beneath the "ram" the stampings read "made by E.N. Santa Barbara" a symbol and then the word Spain, serial number is *04566. It appears to look similar to the original .44 caliber revolvers of the civil war period. I, of course, know NOTHING about percussion cap pistols, I purchased it simply because I fancy myself as somewhat of a patriot and my home is decorated with the Constitution of the United States, books and artifacts about the "overmountain men", early east Tennessee, up through the "cowboy and indian" days. Obviously this is a reproduction and not an original 1800's piece. I would appreciate any information someone might have on the manufacturer, possible date of manufacture, loading, firing, and possible history behind this piece. I do not intend to fire this pistol but I would like to clean it up and know a little more about it. I am not beyond searching the internet if someone can lead me in the right direction since I have already spent several hours trying to locate this info. Thank you for your interest and I appreciate your response. mrhaney55@sbcglobal.net.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-13-2009, 05:57 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Welcome to the forum Mr. Haney.
Sorry I have no info on your gun, but would love to see some photos if you get a chance.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:03 PM   #3

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

WELCOME, glad to have you aboard!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #4

AAAHHHH, hey Jo Da Plumbr,... I just retired after 40+ years in the trade and neither did I ever look that good or see a plumber that did! Nice smile! Maybe next time!

Old 05-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #5

Cane,... haven't we met somewhere before??? Thanks for the invite,...either you guys are hangin' with some hot chicks or you've got way too much time on your hands. Maybe we'll chat again sometime. Widowmakermax

Old 05-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #6

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhaney View Post
AAAHHHH, hey Jo Da Plumbr,... I just retired after 40+ years in the trade and neither did I ever look that good or see a plumber that did! Nice smile! Maybe next time!
Brings a whole new meaning to the term...

"plumbers crack"

Old 05-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Welcome to the Forum - You might want to post a picture or two of the pistol in the Curio/Relic section, we have quite a few avid collectors.

RL357Mag?

Bob White?

Scott G?

stalkingbear??

You guys got anything for the new guy?

JD

Old 05-13-2009, 08:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhaney View Post
Cane,... haven't we met somewhere before??? Thanks for the invite,...either you guys are hangin' with some hot chicks or you've got way too much time on your hands. Maybe we'll chat again sometime. Widowmakermax
We have a weekly avatar theme for those wanting to participate. All are welcome but none are required to join in this insanity.

This week is Favorite band/musical ensemble .

Here's next week's poll:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/avatar-poll-5-17-thru-5-23-a-13775/#post104971

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

- orangello

Old 05-13-2009, 08:16 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Welcome here.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #10

Found this:

TEXAS RANGER DISPATCH Magazine

- orangello