new s&w's
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > new s&w's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 11:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default new s&w's

Have any of you guys seen the new s & w revolvers. They are all lightweight models and have 2 1/2 inch barrels. I wonder what they cost. They are making one in 45 acp.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-27-2008, 06:04 PM   #2

my reaction to a .38 lightweight snubbie: ouch.

so i opted for the model 60 stainless steel snubbie and can handle the .38 as well as the .357.

movie zombie

Old 04-29-2008, 07:34 PM   #3

Suggested retail is $1140. There's an ouch.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:49 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2993 Times on 1560 Posts
Likes Given: 278

The new scandium models are uber-cool. Scandium is alloyed with Aluminum to yield a metal that is nearly as strong as steel (Pound for pound stronger than steel) and very light. Recoil is a product of bullet weight, propellant weight, velocity vs weight of the firearm. A very light weight big bore revolver will kick much more than its steel counterpart. Recoil perception is subjective. Some think a full house .44 mag through a 4" revolver is punishing. Some think it is quite manageable. There are those who actually enjoy touching off a .500 S&W. They are a bit nuts IMHO.

I'm sure you can find one for a lot less that $1100.