New Ruger Single Six
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > New Ruger Single Six

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 176 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Default New Ruger Single Six

Well,after getting the tax refund I headed to the gunstore in hopes of finding a S&W 63 or 317,but all they had was a 317 which I thought that I wanted before I went to look at guns,but after handling the 317,it felt like a little toy,so I was disappointed.Then a gun caught my eye that I would have never thought I would even look at,but when your in the store and handling the guns-your mind changes quick.The gun-a Ruger Single six .22LR/.22WMR!I just fell in love with it the second it touched my hand,I normally don't care for anything other than double action snubs,but there is just something about this one-so I bought it,walked out the store with a completely different gun than I thought I would.I have only fired 12 rounds of .22LR through it so far,but I figured out how to put the .22WMR cylinder on,so I can't wait to go out tomorrow to try it out,and after having a little ringing in my ears from the .22LR,I'd better bring some earplugs to try the .22WMRs.I hope this gun turns out well for me and is a better shooter than my Taurus 94 was,I can already tell that everything is smoother,and the action is SOO much crisper than the Taurus was.I really hope it lasts a long time and gives me alot of fun.

dscf6809.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #2

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Did the instruction book not tell you how to change out the cylinders? You said that you "figured it out." Not always a good thing when it comes to firearms!

Old 02-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #3

Single sixs' can be changed out by opening the loading gate, pressing the horazintal pin, pulling out the rod that is paralell to the barrel, and pushing the cylender right. Found out the hard way that if you do this and your a Lefty, make sure you have shoes on and keep the gun left side up. Alomst broke my foot

An Ameture does it until they can get it right, a Pro does it until they can't get it wrong

Old 02-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

It's a Ruger, what's not to like??

That puppy will last you a lifetime +!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-03-2010, 12:12 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Cane speaks the truth. Your son will be able to pass it on to his grandson. Enjoy it and shoot it often.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #6

I paid $410 NIB for this,you think that's a good deal?

Old 02-03-2010, 07:49 PM   #7

I went out today with 50 WMR and 50 LR rounds to see how it shoots.Accuracy was good,I had no trouble hitting an 18"X12" metal target at 50 yards.The WMR were too fast to really hit metal targets with and still hear the impact,and when I decided to take my muffs off and see what they sound like,I got a little ear ringing because it's just as loud as a .38.The .22 LR is more fun to shoot for me,but if I ever need a bug,this loaded with .22 mags would do pretty well sitting in a nightstand.The action is smooth and it is in a whole nother class than my Taurus .22 was.This is no Taurus by a long shot,this gun fired all 100 rounds today without a single hangup-just as reliable as any centerfire gun I have shot-if not more,because my 9mm stovepipes sometimes.I hope I have continued success.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Sounds good.

Btw, I have no idea about the price. I live in CA and everything is overpriced here.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
It's a Ruger, what's not to like??

That puppy will last you a lifetime +!
Ditto, I have always enjoyed my Ruger single action revolvers!

Old 02-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2733 Times on 1431 Posts
Likes Given: 231

I absolutely love my Single Six Convertible. Sturdy, accurate, beautiful. What's not to love?

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball