New Blackhawk Center Pin?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > New Blackhawk Center Pin?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default New Blackhawk Center Pin?

I hope this isn't a dumb question, BUTT, here goes. I recently bought a New Blackhawk. I took it apart to clean it before shooting it, and I could not remove the center pin. Is this normal? My vaquero pin comes out of the gun, as does my single-six, and old 3 screw. Don't know why I just noticed it, either. My recent purchase is a 41 mag, New BHK, 4 5/8, blue. As always, Thanks fer the advice!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-25-2013, 12:27 AM   #2

Liked 252 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 21

No, it is not normal. The base pin should be easily removed while you hold in the base pin latch.

Either you have a burr that is holding it, or it is stuck from being slightly oversized. Have you tried removing the base pin latch assembly? Try that and get a good grip on the base pin. I've pried it out by inserting a popsicle stick under the collar and prying it out that way.

Bob Wright

Old 03-26-2013, 12:47 AM   #3

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Sometimes the two holes on each end of the frame that support the base pin and cylinder are slightly out of alignment. The base pin is a tad small to allow for these manufacturing tolerances. When you get a bit of misalignment the pin can be jammed in the hole. They make special little tools to help remove the pin when they are tight. You can put a bit of padding on the pin and use pliers if you are very careful.