Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   New addition to the family (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/new-addition-family-32210/)

Dzscubie 09-25-2010 03:00 PM

New addition to the family

4 Attachment(s)
Glass is at it again, she had a few minutes the other day and decided to do a little pawn shop hopping. Well, true to established pattern she found a new gun she just could not leave behind. Glass found a Smith & Wesson Model 28-2, Highway Patrolman 357 in mint condition. I would put it as 95% condition wise and it looks like it has almost never been shot. Needless to say she got it at a very attractive price that would probable make NGIB blush. This is a welcome addition to our little family. Here are some baby pictures.

TheOldMan 09-25-2010 03:21 PM

Gratz on the new arrival. Looks like a boy.. Am I right?

CA357 09-25-2010 04:22 PM

Very nice, it's a fine looking 28. I hope it's going to be a shooter. Here in CA, you must be an LEO to buy one unless you can buy one from a private party.

Jo da Plumbr 09-25-2010 04:46 PM

SHWEEEET

Can't wait to try her out next June.
:D

NGIB 09-25-2010 05:31 PM

Those N frames are spiffy guns. I had a 28 long ago that was sold to pay bills when I was a young, broke GI. Have yet to see a good deal on another...

M14sRock 09-25-2010 08:47 PM

NICE!! I got one in trade from a guy who wanted a Helwan ($89) back in the 80's. Ended up trading it away for some Dawson knives. Should have kept the 28.

pmanton 09-25-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 357253)
Very nice, it's a fine looking 28. I hope it's going to be a shooter. Here in CA, you must be an LEO to buy one unless you can buy one from a private party.

Why on earth would the powers that be put a revolver on the banned list?
What is allowed for a poor Californian?

Paul
Salome, AZ

M14sRock 09-26-2010 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmanton (Post 357383)
Why on earth would the powers that be put a revolver on the banned list?
What is allowed for a poor Californian?

Paul
Salome, AZ

The CA "roster of approved handguns" is updated annually. It is expensive for manufacturers to keep guns on the list, as a sample must be tested every year.

When guns are no longer made, they obviously fall off "the list". Some companies refuse to apply (STI) and don't ship their guns into CA. But there are zillions of STI's here, and they are fine to sell private party.

It is a ridiculous law designed to generate revenue, and hassle gun owners into not buying any more guns. Right.....

Dillinger 09-26-2010 01:01 AM

Really nice addition you two!

How big is your gun safe, because you have added more weapons other than even NGIB ( because he trades one for one). ;)

Beautiful revolver. I need to spend some more time pawnshopping apparently. :p

JD

freefall 09-26-2010 01:58 AM

I am envious.