Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Need Info on a Charter Bulldog Target

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default Need Info on a Charter Bulldog Target

What can you fellows tell me about a Charter Bulldog Target model? I have an opportunity to trade some ammunition (.45ACP) or pay $300. for it. My option since money is tight is to trade the ammo.

I would be doing the deal on another firearms forum I frequent and do most of my trading on.

The description is that it's a decent piece and has a good lockup. It seems to have either a 3" or 4" barrel. The guy trading it doesn't really know anything about it and frankly, neither do I. I'm assuming it's an older Charter from back when they were decent quality. What do you think?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

if one of the "newer" ones I would pass as I have heard their QC is iffy.some good some stink.I know a cop in belton that bought one and it was F/U right out of the box new.

pete

life member DAV.
"If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe."

Old 10-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

If you ask the guy for the serial number, he should at least be able to provide you with the first part. Some people don't want to give out the entire number. But the first part of the number should be enough. Then you can look around online or contact Charter Arms directly to get the (approximate) date of manufacture. I would also look on Gun Broker to see if any are being sold and what kind of bids they are actually getting.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 10-26-2009, 10:38 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Gunbroker only had two and they were new. They run around $400. I know the older ones were pretty decent and this one is apparently on of those.

I'll message the guy and try and get a partial serial number.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-26-2009, 11:13 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Serial number starts with 569.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:43 AM   #6

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Here's an article from GunWeek 2003 GunWeek

Sorry, didn't find anything on the serial#

People get the government they deserve.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:31 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The new ones are well made as were the old ones . The in between ones were junk .

Any gun owner that voted for obama is a gun owner I don't trust with a gun !

Old 10-27-2009, 03:08 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I made the deal. This one was manufactured in Stratford, Conn. so it's an earlier model.

If it needs some work, apparently Charter will go through it for $49. including return shipping. So I figure I can't really go wrong. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Thanks for the help guys.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:09 AM   #9

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

In that case CA!! Congratulations!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:14 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks Duner. It's a mite larger than my model 37, but it does have a bit more punch. I figure it could be a sweet carry piece.