Need help with a Ruger SP101 .357 that went KB! - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Need help with a Ruger SP101 .357 that went KB!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 08:50 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Yes, I'm sure I shot a little lead through it before the jacketed hollow pts. But I don't think there's been a total of 100 rounds shot through it period, so I don't know if that would be enough to cause any significant lead buildup.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:01 AM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGH View Post
Greetings, Diggsbakes,

I am not bashing Ruger. I have a few myself. Bought first one in 1957. Used them over the years for recreation, hunting, competition, and concealed carry. Fine guns, none better.

I thought the quote attributed to Ed Harris, QC engineer at Ruger, explained this kind of failure quite well. But then, what do I know? I just work with steel, tools and dies, and precision machinery. Never felt qualified to nail two 2 x 4's together.
Gee I feel so special. . . you checked my Bio. Awww. . . how sweet! Should I expect a gift soon?

Don't do much in the department of nailing 2 x 4s together though. Any experienced tradesman, machinist, etc would know that.

If you have such a vast history and personal experience of shooting Rugers, why would you feel the need to site another firearms forum, filled with average Joe's nailing 2x4s together, in order to back-up your claim of Rugers "shedding their barrels"? Are they like snakes? They just shed their barrel after a few hundred rounds go down the pipe.

Keep up that steel work, it's teaching you a lot about guns!