Need help, ASP conversion of Ruger
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Need help, ASP conversion of Ruger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 02:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Need help, ASP conversion of Ruger

Hi all I'm trying to find what my ASP conversion on the Ruger speed six is worth or valued at? It's either hard to find or people are referring to a sale years and years ago or its extremely used and worn. mine is n.i.b.
if anyone has any insight wether its the link to a website or they can speak personally about selling or buying one would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
sam

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If I remember correctly, this is the conversion makes 6-shot 357 into a 5-shot 44 SPL correct? It was done by Kevin Parsons? Like the one pictured below:

This is important because the weapon can be converted to other calibers as well. Different calibers with alter value in a subjective way depending on what the buyer wants, but generally speaking a conversion does not add a premium value. When you have a conversion done it is expensive anywhere from $200 to whatever all added to the cost of the weapon. Factory customs can be in the thousands. For example, a Ruger Redhawk in 44 magnum will sell for new for $650-$850 (depending on model) and used for $450 to $600; but, last time I checked, a new Gary Reeder Redhawk converted to .51 GNR is $2595 new and $2195 to convert one you own. After you buy one you will never sell it for close to that price unless you really hunt for a buyer.

A standard Speed Six in good to excellent/NIB condition should bring in between $340 and $400 depending on age, SN prefix, caliber,etc. Yours, hard to tell without pics, could be worth $600, $700, or even $1000. However, realistically $550 might be hard to get because of caliber and a person thinking, "Why should I buy a $700 44 special when I can get a used 357 magnum or 44 magnum for less?"

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Last edited by mesinge2; 04-22-2011 at 11:23 PM.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:32 AM   #3

Hi, new to the forum and happy to have stumbled upon it. I'm wondering about your converted Ruger 44sp by ASP. Is it like the revolver pictured above, or is it more similar to mine, seen below:

Anyway, I've had mine 20-25 years or so and I carry it often in a cross-draw holster that I amateurishly made for it.

I'd love to have another gun of the same sort to give to my eldest son. If you have interest in selling yours, I'm willing to submit an offer.