Need Advice On .357 Mag Revolver - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Need Advice On .357 Mag Revolver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 02:05 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a Ruger gp100 and love it unfortunatly my wife who is 5' even and 110Lbs loves it to and ends up being the only gun she wants to shoot so when we go to the range she eats up all my ammo for it. So my vote would be for the gp100 great well made guns and a great caliber and u cant beat the hogue grips they come with. Brand new they run under $600(think i paid $580 for mine) .I did have an issue with mine but i sent in to ruger and they took care of the prob free of charge.

Last edited by David26; 02-08-2009 at 02:15 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 02-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Yeah, the Pythons were hand fitted to extremely tolerances-the best of ANY production revolver. Nowadays the S&W performance center equates the precision of those Pythons but none are smoother than those Pythons out of box. I've tuned/slicked up many revolvers and most designs CAN be tuned to the same degree. For absolutely the lightest smoothest revolvers I've done, the Ruger Security Six and Redhawk lockwork design lends itself to great double action trigger pull. Naturally most people don't go to the trouble to tune their revolvers to this degree so we'll stick with out of box stock revolvers. You're not going to go wrong with any quality made modern revolver IF IT FITS.
A couple of things come to mind? Are you wanting a slim grip? And are you wanting an adjustable sight or fixed or going to use lazer? I purchased a S&W Pro-Series 60-15 SS 3inch with adjustable night sights that shoots point of aim for me about a year ago? It is very manageble with +P loads and easy back on target. Very accurate if you want a new revolver I would reccommend these hands down. If you looking for a used version the S&W 60's, Colt police Spl., and Detective and the Tarrus 85's are as good of choices that you will find in small frame. If you perfer a heavier frame go with a Colt Python or Ruger SP-101 in the 357 catagory.
NOTE:The laser options are better for the J frame Model 60 S&W if that's the direction you like?

Old 02-17-2009, 05:23 AM   #33

New poster here, and new handgun owner. I recently inherited 5 handguns from my father in law. One .357 not mentioned in this thread is the Taurus 608. I have this in the 4" vented barrel and have read good reviews on it, people seem to like the 8 round capacity. Any thoughts from the knowledgable crowd? I haven't shot it yet but am going to do a class with it. Does the vented barrel affect the accuracy?

Old 02-17-2009, 06:20 AM   #34

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Taurus 66 4" or 6"

In here Taurus rules, I think that Taurus offer the best bang for the buck, the Taurus 66 it's durable and reliable, and could perfectly do their job as home defender. In Venezuela the Taurus 66, 82 and 605 are the most popular wheel guns...

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Last edited by AsmelEduardo; 02-17-2009 at 06:23 AM.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:35 PM   #35

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The factory porting will only affect accuracy in the positive as it will help you shoot it easier and with less felt recoil-that's the only way it will affect accuracy in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydub7911 View Post
New poster here, and new handgun owner. I recently inherited 5 handguns from my father in law. One .357 not mentioned in this thread is the Taurus 608. I have this in the 4" vented barrel and have read good reviews on it, people seem to like the 8 round capacity. Any thoughts from the knowledgable crowd? I haven't shot it yet but am going to do a class with it. Does the vented barrel affect the accuracy?

Old 02-18-2009, 12:38 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydub7911 View Post
NO. Accuracy will possibly improve. HOWEVER, porting makes the shock-wave a bit more brutal to the shooter and others near by. I have several ported revolvers and all of them chase off other shooters...