Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   my single six (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/my-single-six-74085/)

jjfuller1 10-10-2012 05:27 PM

my single six

1 Attachment(s)
well, i was attempting to adjust the sight yesterday it broke. i was a little stunned... i have already emailed ruger and am awaiting a reply. hoping they will just send me a replacment.

kytowboater 10-10-2012 05:28 PM

Damn. Hope they make good on the replacement. How did you break it?

HOSSFLY 10-10-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1 (Post 971629)
well, i was attempting to adjust the sight yesterday it broke. i was a little stunned... i have already emailed ruger and am awaiting a reply. hoping they will just send me a replacment.

Wat were you useing to adjust it? A sledgehammer :p

Old_Crow 10-10-2012 06:01 PM

I have broke the blade on my new Blackhawk. I made one support request via email and another on the phone. I ended up with two complete sight assemblies, not just the blade. I recommend you do the same so your gun will never be down for two weeks again.

The blades are fragile on the Ruger single actions. I recommend keeping a spare sight assembly on hand so the fun never ends.

JonM 10-10-2012 07:05 PM

That sucks!!

Im sure ruger will send you the part.

jjfuller1 10-10-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kytowboater (Post 971632)
Damn. Hope they make good on the replacement. How did you break it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 971650)
Wat were you useing to adjust it? A sledgehammer :p

NO! lol

a screw driver, first i lowered it by tightening the screw. then attempted to slide the blade over a little with the same screwdriver. used my hand to tap the screw driver on POP. on the first tap it snapped.

kytowboater 10-10-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1

NO! lol

a screw driver, first i lowered it by tightening the screw. then attempted to slide the blade over a little with the same screwdriver. used my hand to tap the screw driver on POP. on the first tap it snapped.

Ah! Guns no good, send it me for proper disposal :p

jjfuller1 10-15-2012 12:03 AM

Update. Received email from ruger saying a sight is on the way. Yay! Im Very pleased with this

Sniper03 10-15-2012 12:18 AM

JJ,

You might go to www.gunpartscorp.com (Numrich Arms)if you do not hear from Ruger soon. They probably have some!
Those are fine little guns by the way. Use to have one in 22 and 22Mag when some years back and still wished I had not parted with it!

*SORRY DID NOT READ OR SEE YOUR POST ABOVE BEFORE I SENT THIS! PART IS ON THE WAY THAT IS GREAT! But the above is a good source should you need anything in the future!

ninjatoth 10-17-2012 02:04 AM

Ruger makes bad sights but good guns,my Ruger 22/45 don't even have a rear sight because It broke and I haven't replaced it yet.I have also heard of other people with gp-100's with sights falling off or breaking too.It's annoying and apparent that they skimp on the sight quality,but I still like Ruger because their guns themselves are usually great.