Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > My newest addition to my wheelgun collection

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Yup that's what it looked like. Thankfully he wasnt hurt too bad when it happened. Near about made me crap my pants when it did though

Old 08-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #22

Liked 29 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

With all due respect, the appeal for this hand howitzer is beyond me. A guy at the range had one and he grimaced and groaned with every round launched. Had a bud who had to sell his Desert Eagle .50 or lose the use of his gun hand from recoil damage concussion to his wrist. I can't believe the Smith could be any more forgiving in that respect, I guess whatever floats your boat, but my W296 loads for my .44 Mag are plenty enough punishment for this cat.....unless I'm into hitting myself in the melon with a hammer of course!

Old 08-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #23

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazul42 View Post
Nice piece,,, those .500's are fun to shoot,, but limited shooting with full house factory loads for me,, good way to develop a flinch. I have a FA Model 83 in .500 Wyoming Express,, not quite as hot as the S&W, but all one would ever need most likely. Reloaded down, it is very pleasant compared to the Grizzly factory loads and the loads using Trail Boss powder, far more economical as well. Like Mr. Keith said,, " Bring enough gun " one never knows when an occasional T- Rex may show up in the back forty. Have fun and again, a very nice piece, congrats.
I have three of the beasts: a 4", a 5" John Ross Special and a 6 1/2" PC Hunter. Any of them are pretty nasty to shoot with anything approaching full power loads, but all are great fun with somewhat milder loads and are really sweet with the Trailboss type loads. Without handloading, the ammo is so expensive most of us couldn't afford to shoot the things.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #24

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
The snub nose 500's are brutal to shoot. By the third round, you're ready to pack it away for a while...
WERD!

The thing that changed my mind about wanting one was shooting a snubby version. I'm kind of a recoil junkie (too) but it was more than I would want to deal with and if I had it..I'd have to shoot it. For the time being anyway I"ll stick with my 44 mag. And it's a longer bbl revo.

They are nice guns though OP. I love Smith wheel guns. I have 5 and want a couple/few more.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson