My New/Old S&W - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

My New/Old S&W

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 12:56 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 41

The price could be scaring away potential buyers and the no return policy of the seller IIRC. I would not purchase for the asking $, but then again someone might really want it.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #12

Liked 41 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Yes it is on the high side but my experiences on guns america is you message them and 99 per cent of the time it is asking price and they come down.
The model 19 has been steadily climbing in collector value especaily in the last three years and a large jump in the last year. The special versions like these bring a little more and mohagany boxes especaily for K frames are valuable alone as well as the knife.
A pristine model 19 right now is bringing around 6 to 650 bucks. Try and buy a mahogany box for less than a 150. I dont know what the knife is worth.
The tools are worth over 50 bucks and trying to find a mahogany box for a K frame is not easy. They were made mostly for N frames.
I bought N frame mahogany boxes for my K frames and modified them to fit.Not many people who are not from Texas would want a texas ranger version.I wouldnt so I magine some texan will eyeball it some time contact the guy and gert hinm to come down a little and have himself a nice gun.
The big jump in gun prices in the last year has realy been bad especialy on colts.Pythons and Diamond backs have sored to above 2000 dollars when just last year you could buy one for 1500.Smith and wesson are not far behind.
I collect smnith and wessons but also loove colts. I was going to start in on colts later on and got layed off and have been catching up after a long stretch of unemployment. My dreams of collecting colts are vanishing because of the crazy prices. I remember thinking 1500 was out of line.
Whith our fearless leader and inflation like we have never seen around the corner I hate to think what guns are going to be next year and the year after.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:22 AM   #13

Likes Given: 38

Congratulations on your new Smith, it's a beauty.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:14 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

That's a beautiful gun.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:47 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

That is one pretty piece.

Newest Threads