My new little toy!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > My new little toy!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 02:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

Default My new little toy!!

So after years of looking at them I finally broke down and bought one. This one is a 22mag. I have to say that while not the most accurate thing in the world its cool as hell. I love the XS sight on the front. Are there any tips or tricks that you guys or gals know to make this just a little but more fun???

naa.jpg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-20-2010, 02:50 AM   #2

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

It's just a belly gun. It's not made to shoot anything farther away than the end of your arm. I'm not sure what you mean by making it more fun. It's pretty much the thing you whip out right before your knife. I guess being it's range you can make it fun to try and hit a target at any range beyond five feet. All that matters is you liked it enough to add it to your collection. I have a little 38 spl Derringer. I never use it but it is fun to look at.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-20-2010, 03:12 AM   #3

Put a Weaver rail on it, and buy my green dot scope, go to the range, and post some pics in the range report.
I might buy one too
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f41/rimfire-scope-sight-30595/

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
-Ayn Rand

Old 08-20-2010, 03:13 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
It's just a belly gun. It's not made to shoot anything farther away than the end of your arm. I'm not sure what you mean by making it more fun. It's pretty much the thing you whip out right before your knife. I guess being it's range you can make it fun to try and hit a target at any range beyond five feet. All that matters is you liked it enough to add it to your collection. I have a little 38 spl Derringer. I never use it but it is fun to look at.
What I mean by more fun is things like lasers do they work on these or things like that. Yes I understand they are not a long range shooter but I can hit a 4 inch plate at 15 yards with it. 38 spl Derringer I think that would be a kick in the butt to shoot!!!

Old 08-20-2010, 03:21 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Buy the factory bayonet.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-20-2010, 03:26 AM   #6

Kick would be the operative word there LOL!!! Being they have no real barrel the round tends to tumble pretty quick so accuracy and Derringer don't really work in the same sentence. I really bought the thing off an old woman that I was afraid that she might hurt herself with it. I bought it and found her a little 38 snubby to keep in her night stand. It's funny to see peoples reaction when I get it out and put it with the rest of my pistols. I have a pic somewhere. If I can find it I'll post it. It's funny to see this tiny little thing among all the "real" pistols.

Edit to add:
Here's the little thing amoung all the real guns..he

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by DrumJunkie; 08-20-2010 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Added pic

Old 08-20-2010, 03:33 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That's a good looking family ya' got there DJ.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-20-2010, 03:40 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
That's a good looking family ya' got there DJ.
especially that top row right there

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

Old 08-20-2010, 03:51 AM   #9

Nice collection there DJ!!! Yeah you are right it does look like the infant in the group. Still dont think I would want to see it pointed at me. That might hurt!!!

Old 08-20-2010, 04:05 AM   #10

heh..Thanks guys. I'm realy feeling a need top add another handgun or two. I want to get some type of 357 and a lever rifle to go with it. I have a 44 to go with the 44 in that pic.

Back to topic...
That thing is tiny isn't it? Can you imagine trying to shoot something with that??? It'll keyhole a target at 10 yards.

I'll agree that top row is my personal favorite. Believe it or not that snubby there is really rare. I got it pretty cheap then went to look it up to get a history and it's a Jovino custom job. Great shooter. It's a Smith Mod. 25-2 that was made into a snubby back in the 80's. I traded a GP 100 to it and come to find out that it's worth around 800-1100 bucks. I was kind of wishing ti was a Lew Horton model but the Jovino's are not at all common either.

Thomas Jefferson