Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   My girlfriend is gonna be pissed off... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/my-girlfriend-gonna-pissed-off-12168/)

Franciscomv 03-24-2009 05:57 PM

My girlfriend is gonna be pissed off...

Right after having a nice long talk with my girlfriend about the need to spend less money (apparently we need to cut down on my cigars and knives, so we can afford more perfumes and dresses) I headed down to the shooting range to punch some paper with my very budget friendly S&W 617.

I was just looking at the used guns at the club's shop when I spotted a fantastic Colt Detective Special, and it was love at first sight. I have no need for it, but I just had to get it. The good thing about this club is that you can use any weapon you've bought while you wait for the paperwork (two weeks), you can't take it home but at least you get to try it out.

The trigger is a bit harder on the last part of the pull than my Smiths. It clearly hasn't been shot much, it was issued to a Buenos Aires PD doctor who took good care of it.

It's a first issue model, I don't know how old it is, but the last of those were made in 1946. I has zero holster wear, the grips are a bit worn. Any tips on where to get new ones?

I don't have any pics, but it looks like this one:
http://www.snubnose.info/images/colt38orig.jpg

iloveguns 03-24-2009 06:52 PM

Cook her a nice dinner and she will eventually get over it.:D

Nice addition BTW:D

Dillinger 03-24-2009 07:01 PM

LOL - It's small enough to hide - CONFESS TO NOTHING!!

Nice addition to the collection Francisco!

JD

robocop10mm 03-24-2009 07:48 PM

Even though you are not in the US of A stick to what we call the 5th ammendment (your right to not incriminate yourself). That'll make a nice hide out (from the girlfriend) gun

Franciscomv 03-25-2009 03:57 AM

I can keep the purchase a secret for a while, plus the gun has to stay at the club for a couple of weeks while they finish the paperwork. I need more snubbies! I think I'm going to start a small collection of short barrel wheelguns.

Jesse17 03-25-2009 04:25 AM

What caliber is that?

It looks like my S&W .38 (family erlume...to me anyway).

Shot mine the other day. It just feels right in my hand, even though I try to avoid Saturday night specials.

Well, I guess it's not a Saturday night special, it's just too much of a snubby for my taste.

Still, I like shooting it on the range, and thinking of my Dad and Uncle whom it came from.

CA357 03-25-2009 05:16 AM

You will be able to find more information and possibly a set of grips here:

ColtForum - Powered by vBulletin

Nice find. :cool:

ladyM 03-25-2009 05:18 AM

Excess on occasion is exhilirating. It prevents moderation from acquiring the deadening effect of a habit. ~W. Somerset Maugham, The Summing Up, 1938
.................................................. .................................................. ..

The vow that binds too strictly snaps itself. ~Alfred Lord Tennyson, "The Last Tournament," Idylls of the King
.................................................. .................................................. ..

--------Take notice from the above quotes,.......I've got to get back to business now......good luck , Francisco !!

McNabb11b 03-25-2009 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyM (Post 86496)
Excess on occasion is exhilirating. It prevents moderation from acquiring the deadening effect of a habit. ~W. Somerset Maugham, The Summing Up, 1938

The vow that binds too strictly snaps itself. ~Alfred Lord Tennyson, "The Last Tournament," Idylls of the King

--------Take notice from the above quotes,.......I've got to get back to business now......good luck , Francisco !!

You are not really supporting excess very well with that picture. :eek: :D

ladyM 03-25-2009 07:10 AM

It appears that SHE is very exhilirated by her excess ! -----Whats-a-matter,
McNabb----Not yur type ? (I don't blame you ! )