Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > My first wheel gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 03:17 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 224 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 439

Glad you got it back nice and quick! Hope it will shoot well for you now. Let us know with a range report please.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 02-02-2011, 03:31 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Will do, should get by tomorrow

Old 02-02-2011, 03:37 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Great looking wheel. I love the 29 and 629. My 29-3 is one of my favorites. My Dad's 629 Mountain is WAY too light.

Josh-US Army EOD (Bomb Squad)
Plenty of firearms and ammo.
A couple diesels sitting around.
Lots of learning to be done!!

Lifetime NRA Member

Old 02-02-2011, 06:46 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The problem you were having with the firing pin is exactly why I prefer hammer mounted firing pins. I'm envious of the revovler regardless since I've been waiting to get an older 629 in the low dash marks with the hammer mounted firing pin. I just cant find one with a good price tag at the right time.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombDoc View Post
Great looking wheel. I love the 29 and 629. My 29-3 is one of my favorites. My Dad's 629 Mountain is WAY too light.
Thank you, I feel the same way about my 629 and the Mountain when I was looking at them to buy, it was the bulky weight of the "629 Classic" that really sold me on it. Even though I have only fired 2 rounds through her before she broke they felt real good can't wait to get to the range today and put a bunch more through her.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default it happened again

Well I got a chance to get to the range yesterday and was having a great time with the 629, I love the way she reports ahh it feels just right I was alternating between the 629 then my PX4 Storm .45 and then the Bersa Thunder .380 oh it was great fun until my 45th shot the firing pin broke and jammed up just like the last time Wow I can't believe this has happen again especially after only 44 shots I was using Blazer 240 aluminum cases so I definitely not over taxing the weapon. So I have contacted S&W again, I'm waiting for their reply and FedEx airbill I wrote a letter to them also suggesting they just replace this one with a brand new one because it seems there is more to it then faulty firing pins.. I'll see how that goes. Here are a few pics of the session yesterday. The target on the left is from 15ft and the one on the right is 21ft.

I tend to shoot left with everything I shoot, my brother in law says it's anticipation but I think it's my vision I wear glasses that corrects an
astigmatism

“Life’s tough … it’s even tougher if you’re stupid.”
John Wayne

Old 02-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #17

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Stay on them till they fix or replace it. No reason this sixgun shouldn't work.

Joshua 1:9

Old 02-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #18
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1715 Times on 936 Posts
Likes Given: 545

It is rare for a Smith to break a firing pin but 2 means something else is wrong.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 02-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
It is rare for a Smith to break a firing pin but 2 means something else is wrong.
That's what I am thinking along with a bunch of guys on the Smith & Wesson forum I visit.

“Life’s tough … it’s even tougher if you’re stupid.”
John Wayne

Old 02-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm sorry to hear you are having more trouble than ever should be had with a 629. I certainly hope S&W steps up to the plate this time and actually fixes the problem that's truely wrong with the gun.
If I had to trouble shoot the gun from what you've given us I'd say there is not enough clearance for the fireing pin to move freely and is what's causing the issues. The firing pin may be oblong and the actual fireing pin hole may be a true circle, of course there's no way to tell until they take it apart.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.