Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   My First gun! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/my-first-gun-29473/)

kneedeep323 07-19-2010 12:28 PM

My First gun! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Hello everyone........ Just recieved my first gun ever, and im new to this site. its a colt anaconda .45........ a few questions though. This gun was given to me from my barber of 20+ years in excellent condition however, he said it was not registered in his name and the guy he got it from didnt register it either the original owner is probably deceased now 9/10.... is it better to keep it unregistered or should i register it? can i even register it? and is it a gun worth keeping? im in love with this gun i seen the other day at the local gun store "Sig Sauer P226" in a .357sig and planning on purchasing a saiga 7.62 ..... i do have others on the list unfortunately i live in CA........ what are some other good firearms to add to my collection?

NGIB 07-19-2010 12:30 PM

An Anaconda in .45?

Unregistered in California?

Asking if you should break the law?

Hmmmm....

kneedeep323 07-19-2010 12:35 PM

.45 long colt i mean, i dont want to break any lawsA but i was told they will confiscate it if the original owner is deceased now is that true??????

ScottA 07-19-2010 01:03 PM

Contact an attorney. It's never a good idea to ask for legal advice on any internet forum.

But it sounds like a real nice gun.

gorknoids 07-19-2010 11:49 PM

Seems to be a trend here..........

TheOldMan 07-20-2010 04:10 PM

Personally I woulda kept my mouth closed about the whole deal :rolleyes:

Texanbybirth 07-20-2010 05:23 PM

If you moved to Texas, it would be legal. Private party sales do not require paperwork. (However, it is still a good idea to keep a receipt or bill of sale in case the guns history ever come into question.) Good luck with whatever you do. Sounds like a nice gun.

Mark F 07-21-2010 05:41 PM

You probably ought to send that Anaconda to me for "safe keeping".

amoroque 07-21-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottA (Post 317172)
Contact an attorney. It's never a good idea to ask for legal advice on any internet forum.

But it sounds like a real nice gun.

+1 on what Scott said!

And post some pics! gosh darnit! :)

jabbo 07-22-2010 11:46 AM

This just a thought but if you want it in your name as in registered. This is something I think you can do as long as the gun isn't stolen/used in a murder. One could just stroll over to the nearest pawn shop pawn it then come in say 2 days and then pay the pawn fee and its then registered in your name. I think that's the way it goes I maybe way but was just a suggestion. So dont quote me I believe it is one way to get things of the sort of nature in ones own name legally.....

If I'm wrong someone please send a note to me....