Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > my best deal ever ....whats yours?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default my best deal ever ....whats yours?

this is not a lie......i bought a s&w mod 29 .44 mag 8.5 blue in great shape ..from an aquaintance ...for 350.00 and it was run tru computer ...not hot ..its a 3 screw circa 1982 . didnt travis bickle pay the same for his ? lol im gonna have ''travis bickle'' and ''taxi driver ''engraved on the sides of the barrel

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-17-2010, 07:05 PM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I don't even know you, and I already don't like you. Congrats on the new "hog leg". Wish I had a good story,but I always end up paying double. Maybe I should change my forum name to Eyor.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 11-17-2010, 08:16 PM   #3

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Winchester 1897 12 gauge built in 1913 that my dad traded away when I was a kid. One of his best friends found where it ended up about 5 years after my dad passed away and bought it and gave it to me. Cost: $0, value: Priceless.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:52 AM   #4

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default fireguy ...

that is priceless .... know how sometimes things always find their way home...what a great gun ...and better story ...you know when you and your dad meet again in the hereafter,hes gonna want it back ....lol

Old 11-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #5

I've gotten a couple. The most recent was this one I suppose.

1995 Harrington & Richardson 999 Sportsman, 6" barrel. The only thing wrong is the rear sight is missing. I made one, but really need to go ahead and order one.

$138.00 out the door.

John 3:16 (NKJV)

Old 11-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7561 Times on 3293 Posts
Likes Given: 1122

Two come to mind.
1. At a local gun show- flat broke, but wanted to drool over the guns. One seller had a bunch of ammo rolled up in a canvas strip- whole thing was about 15 inches across- asked what he wanted for it- said $5. Well, I DID have $5. Pulled out a few assorted rounds for my cartridge collection. Sorted out the rest. Included some 30-40 Krag, 40 rounds of .348 Winchester, 60 rds of 7.62 NATO Tracer, and 10 rounds of copper cased 45-70 (Benet primed) I sold the ammo to 4 different dealers, and was left with the strip of canvas- and realized it was an early machinegun belt. Sold that to a Class III dealer. Walked out with $100 in cash.

2. Local auction. Bidding on 2 boxes of assorted junk sitting on a small wooden desk (with a broken leg)- wanted a nice wood plane in one box. Got the 2 boxes for a dollar. Auction moved down the way to another pile, when a guy offered me $5.00 for a motor that was in one box. Sure. When I was loading boxes into my truck auction staff said "Don't forget your desk." Seems the desk went with the boxes. When I got home, was pulling the drawers, and in the back of the bottom drawer was a nice little nickeled .32 S&W hammerless. (loaded). I called the auctioneer next day- he advised that sale had been from an estate, no one had declared any guns, it was in a lot I bought, and was now mine. Fixed leg on desk, daughter used it for 10 years. Got the plane,a desk, a pistol, and $4 cash.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:12 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

A guy walked into my shop just after I had received my FFL, he wanted me to look over & buy some rifles he had, I told him I wasn't yet stocking rifles...
His answer was he was getting a divorce & he was selling all 6 for $300-on top of that I could keep the big box of ammo. One of the rifles was a Marlin 336 with a decent scope, easily worth $300 by itself!

Old 11-24-2010, 01:39 AM   #8

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I won't mention the free guns that are given to me a couple of times a year, but here is my Armscorp M14 that set me back $12.50.

Had to trade a Walther P99 .40 for the JAE stock, but did not mind as the stock sells for about $1,100.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 11-24-2010, 03:40 AM   #9

Liked 123 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Stainless Smith and Wesson Model 60(chiefs). 2 1/8" bbl. 2 safariland comp speedloaders, safariland OWB, 200 rds ammo. $300.

Being the moderator of a popular guntrading forum and getting an email everytime something is posted and being able to cherrypick- PRICELESS.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 11-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Default Best deal ever?!

Well, I have made lots of great deals on "things"... But, the best deal for my
$100.00 would be the Beagle pup known as Goober that still holds our family
record as the smartest one & longest lived one! (4-12-1992 to 9-21-2008)!