More modern-looking single action? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > More modern-looking single action?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 01:13 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Much to the bewilderment of my pocketbook, that S/A feeling had been ingnited in my soul, and thus, a pair of USA stainless Seville's soon followed...one in .375 SuperMag & one in .454 Casull. These both speak to me much in the same way...the .375SM much moreso. And to me, the .375SM is truly a beautiful handgun to behold...both aesthetically, philosophically, and darn near spiritually...it speaks my own the human psyche as no other. Other opinions may vary.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I viewed this thread and got all excited when I saw the Ruger Redhawk Hunter with the ring cutouts. I thought I might be able to trade you out of it. Then I read it wasn't yours.
I think my older nephew's Redhawk is just like that one, except the grips; i'll inquire as to his level of attachment, but last i heard his fiance' was still jealous of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Fan View Post
Orangello, it's only obvious that you have never fired a single action revolver...Bisley or not.
Actually, i have really enjoyed my Pietta "1858 Remington" replicas and did notice more of a "roll" to their recoil. I would however, like the feel of the trigger without the positioning/shape/style of the grip.

I guess i will just make myself content with my GP100 for the time being while keeping an eye out for something bigger & clickier on the trigger/hammer. I did really like the bird's head style; i have seen some nice BP revolvers with that grip and will be watching for a deal on one.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:36 AM   #23

Default Bisleys suck??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
Bisleys suck and Ruger Bisleys are the worst.

Why do you say Bisleys suck and Ruger bisleys suck the most?? Sarcasm?

Old 07-10-2011, 01:54 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Hey orange, what exactly are you looking for? A modern "looking" revolver? Not to be mean but does such an animal exist? I personally don't think any revolver(excluding maybe the rhino) appears modern and to me that is part of the appeal. Big bore handguns and revolvers mean nearly the same thing to me....just trying to understand what it is you're looking for.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 07-10-2011, 03:52 AM   #25

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

With out being rude, as well, I wanted to ask that question that Spitty finally did. Now, Smith and Wesson (especiazlly) and even Ruger (LCR) has revolvers that I consider to be VERY modern looking, especially because I am familiar with the histoery of revolvers.

Some of the Smiths that come to mind are the 460XVR, their PD line and most of all their performance center revolvers namely the new 627, which is just awesome. . .

Old 07-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

It's the humpback handgrip of the single-actions i've used that i don't like. I prefer the look of my lil GP100, but i prefer shooting in single action and the feel of the single action workings on my remington reproduction BP pistol.

I may end up buying my nephew's redhawk off him & put some custom wood grips on it & just pretend it's a single action, maybe a different front sight too.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 07-10-2011 at 02:17 PM.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:10 PM   #27
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:

Quote:

I just looked at this thread 4 hours ago and now I have Priapism. Which now needs proper attention.

If those don't work for you gello, you are a eunuch.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:10 PM   #28

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

i never thought about it until now but maybe someone should introduce a new generation of single actions with a grip stud instead of the ol' plowhandle. is that where this is leading?

the north had us outnumbered and outgunned but we had them outmanned .......................................... join the NRA