The Mighty 500 S&W Magnum!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > The Mighty 500 S&W Magnum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 04:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default The Mighty 500 S&W Magnum!

OUCH! I shot 2 today, a 8 and 3/8' with ports and a 4' With muzzle brake. (Not 'break', It brakes the muzzle!) I am not recoil sensitive so saying these are BEASTS from hell is not unfounded! My boss does all the gun shows and he and his partner constantly see used 500's for sale. Only shot twice, once by the owner and once by his friend. Back in the box with a box of 18 rounds and FOR SALE! LOL

There are no accidents, there is only ignorance, mechanical failure, or "ACTS OF GOD"! I load 3000-5000 rounds a day, 6 days a week!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-18-2011, 04:36 AM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8279 Times on 4784 Posts
Likes Given: 10708

I fired one a few times at the range. It was milder than my Casull! You have to know how to roll with the recoil. A big SOB firing it will be able to handle the recoil better. I am 6'4" and 165 lbs so I am not a heavy guy but I can shoot the Casull and the .500 for several rounds. Oh yeah, I can hit the target at least some of the time.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:37 AM   #3

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

They look like a hand full. It seems a lot of guys around here are shooting them. A friend of mine who shoots one started having severe hand pain at night. An X-Ray showed many hair line Fracs in his hand. He told them he had been using a Jack Hammer didn't want the insurance to turn down his claim. He had to have a very expensive operation. I Just love big handguns.

DK

Old 03-18-2011, 04:38 AM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

When I see those things fired I think, yeah,ya better get the bar with the first shot. May make a good little carbine round.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 03-18-2011, 06:30 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Ya the 500 will kill you just shooting it, I shot a short barrel and almost hurt myself, Kind of want to get a long barrel just to see how it would do with deer or hogs. As in will there be enough left of the animal to eat.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."