Medusa Model 47 - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Medusa Model 47

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 01:00 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
Like TheBlackFedora I also registered to say how awesome I think this revolver is. If it was available today, at that price (adjusted for inflation) I would snap one up in a heart beat. I think the market for a multi-caliber revolver like this has never been better. Combined with the advances in machining bringing them back to market could also be easier than ever.

Who owns the rights to these designs or patents?
All the old patents have expired, so the old drawings and designs rights are gone. However, the technology and new designs are mine.
TheBlackFedora Likes This 
Old 12-11-2012, 11:49 PM   #72

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Reading that statement gives me hope.

By the way, please allow me to respectfully tip my hat to you jwphillips2.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights with us.
jwphillips2 Likes This 
Old 04-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #73

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Recently I began working on a new short story which kind of erupted and may become a new novel (or an attempted novel anyway.)

This adventure/survival story will include a P&R Medusa owned by one of the characters.

If I can't own one in fact, then I'll write one into my fiction.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:30 AM   #74

Liked 22 Times on 8 Posts

Gary reeder made a Skorpion
Is this closets the same thing
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=339127584

Old 05-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #75

Liked 862 Times on 559 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Ric902 View Post
Gary reeder made a Skorpion
Is this closets the same thing
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=339127584
Except The Skorpion is made from a weaker metal and cant even handle P+ loads. People were ignoring the warning and blowing them up...

Theres actually less Skorpions than there are Medusas...

Old 05-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #76
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC357
Awesome gun/thread.

Subscribed.

OC
I'm bumping just because I think this thread is way too amazing to not be seen by any revolver lover.

JW, thank you for the ingenious work. It's too bad you still aren't making them. But I guess now they're an amazing piece of history.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:34 PM   #77

Default Materials

JW

You answered a question of mine on another forum (HP Talk?) a while back but the thread is gone and I have another question. I'm trying to have another extractor made since mine was missing two fingers when I bought the gun. Do you remember what material you used or do you have another material recommended? You can PM me if you would feel more comfortable. I'm just trying to get a great gun back to the range. Thanks!

-NoSpam865

Old 08-15-2014, 03:20 PM   #78

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 9

This was a very late reply to -NoSpam865....

I hope that you got the PM on this and that it was useful. The fingers were cut with a square slot and that made them like little tuning forks. They were stress-relieving due to the shock of firing and the vibration made them change shape in the cylinder losing their spring as well. I tried about 20 different materials until I realized I had to cut the fingers so that they were no longer uniform. The key cutter was the answer. It is straight on one side and curved on the other. Problem solved.

I made the extractor/positioner out of 17-4PH stainless annealed for machining and then hardened to Rockwell 38. The extractor was tied to a steel rod during the final heat treat to prevent warping or changing shape.

Last edited by jwphillips2; 08-15-2014 at 03:25 PM. Reason: clarification

Old 09-09-2014, 10:30 AM   #79

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

just, WOW!!! Mr Phillips, you are a modern Browning!

I'm in love with this design, and idea, seeing as i live in thrice misbegotten and cursed Australia, where firearms are yet more heavily regulated than Commiefornia!

there would be a definite market for this girl here, if you were to ever go back into production, as this will feed and fire all the most common, and legal pistol rounds here! (seeing as access to anything over .40 cal is heavily restricted)

i was curios to know if you could per chance, give a poor benighted soul some pointers as to where he might find one of these amazing pieces of engineering art? failing that, would you be willing to consider licensing for a small production run?

also, just to join the crowd of newbies, this thread is why i signed up on this forum............
People Like This