Medusa Model 47 - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Medusa Model 47

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 11:25 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It is very upsetting to me that I can see these beautiful pieces here and will probably never own one.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 04-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #42

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Upsetting

It's very upsetting to me that after getting all these U.S. and Foreign awards, articles in all the major and minor publications, we still couldn't sell these under cost.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:09 AM   #43

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default Portable

4X Extended Eye Relief (at arm's length) this takes a little getting used to.

scoped.jpg  

Old 04-15-2011, 02:16 AM   #44

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default 50ae

Should say "50 Ayee!".

This was our 2nd conversion. 5 shot conversion required new barrel, hand, major machining, and larger hearing protector.

50ae-stainless.jpg  

Last edited by jwphillips2; 04-15-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:49 AM   #45

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 788

Sweet Stuff! Is it hard to scope a Medusa?? I was thinking about it the other day.....
No "Wilderness Explorer" bolt action yet??

Last edited by Trez; 04-15-2011 at 05:50 AM. Reason: added

Old 04-15-2011, 07:26 AM   #46

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
WOW..from what i read there was only 500 made and around half went overseas...
some more info i found...

and a list of the 25 cartriges.... (although i read its 104 if you count every cartrige made)
.380 ACP,
.380 Revolver,
9x18mm Ultra,
9x18mm Makarov,
9mm Browning Patronen (long),
9mm Export,
9mm Glisenti,
9mm Kurz,
9mm Largo,
9mm Long,
9mm Luger,
9mm Mauser,
9mmx19 Parabellum,
9mm Rimmed,
9mm Steyr,
9mm Win Mag,
.38 ACP,
.38 Auto,
.38 Colt Super,
.38 Long Colt,
.38 Mid-Range,
.38 Short Colt,
.38 S & W,
.38 Special,
.357 Magnum
Some of the rounds you mention are the same just diffrent names.

EX: 380 ACP

.380 ACP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The .380 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol) pistol cartridge is a rimless, straight-walled pistol cartridge developed by firearms designer John Browning. The cartridge headspaces on the mouth of the case.[2] It was introduced in 1908 by Colt, and has been a popular self-defense cartridge ever since. Other names for .380 ACP include .380 Auto, 9mm Browning, 9mm Corto, 9mm Kurz, 9mm Short, and 9x17mm. It is not to be confused with .38 ACP.

Any way it is a real nice gun. Great idea.

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Last edited by 007BondJamesBond007; 04-15-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #47

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default Wooly bullets

That was the biggest problem I had with ammo at the time that I was researching (1979), no internet, no Wikipedia, very few books available, SAAMI specs sucked, all the libraries thought I was some kind of anarchist, and no one had done what I did. I was trying to remember what year Smith & Wesson (they still had an ammo company) was parading around the floor of The Shot Show with their super secret announcement of their new round. I finally collared one of the guys at our booth and asked them what the big deal was. They said they were announcing their new .356 TSW (it's not on this list). My immediate response was "We're already chambered for it". They picked up their jaws and slinked back to their blue and gray booth. So sweet. I hated those guys.

The Medusa will shoot many rounds not on this list. They were not recommended because they weren't particularly accurate. The .30 Carbine will give you 6" groups at 25 feet (can you say "keyhole"?). It beats throwing a rock. There's the whole .32 family such as .32 Spl. and 32 Mag. The whole 9mm family from 9X12 to 9X30. The German press found over a hundred different ones, I simply put down every round I could find. There are a few that are very dangerous to make and shoot. One of them has no second shot recovery because down range has disappeared behind a 4 foot fireball and a huge cloud of smoke with the first one.

The 9mm Makarov will not work because it is not a true 9mm. It is a 9.2mm. The crafty Russians developed a round that they could shoot and still allow firing the 9mm NATO in their weapons, but could not be fired by "the enemy". I never put down the Makarov on any list.

I designed the top strap on the Medusa to take as many scope mounts as I could find. Some one even made us a clamp-on.

I'll PDF the Wilderness Explorer and the Owner's Manual as soon I can find them.

I forgot the .22 Jet.

Last edited by jwphillips2; 04-15-2011 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Research

Old 04-15-2011, 04:46 PM   #48

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 788

Quote:
The 9mm Makarov will not work because it is not a true 9mm. It is a 9.2mm. The crafty Russians developed a round that they could shoot and still allow firing the 9mm NATO in their weapons, but could not be fired by "the enemy". I never put down the Makarov on any list.
Thanks on the info! i Im glad i never got around to trying one...
The info ive found on this gun is few and inconsistant... Its as "mystical" as the creature its named after!!

I asked this in the ammo section, but it hasnt gotten much response, so ill re-ask here... I want to try and shoot all the calibers, so i was thinking we revise the list and sort though the "repetitve" calibers and find the ones not listed? And why are there so many different names for the same calibers? Are they just similar, or really identical?

Like i said if I can find enough of them i might do a video..

Do you have any pics of the scope mounts? Thanks!!

Old 04-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #49

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Thanks on the info! i Im glad i never got around to trying one...
The info ive found on this gun is few and inconsistant... Its as "mystical" as the creature its named after!!

I asked this in the ammo section, but it hasnt gotten much response, so ill re-ask here... I want to try and shoot all the calibers, so i was thinking we revise the list and sort though the "repetitve" calibers and find the ones not listed? And why are there so many different names for the same calibers? Are they just similar, or really identical?

I think that the different names come over time and from different countries. Metric system and manufacture naming it specific after themselves.

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 04-15-2011, 09:33 PM   #50

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:

I'll try to take some more pics, but I'm pretty sure most of the small mounts can be drilled and tapped by any competent gunsmith.

I agree with 007BondJamesBond007 about the naming criteria. I have some 9mm shotgun shells that fit a "rat gun" and I'm not sure of that name. Also 32 and 38 rimfire which wouldn't work either. I like the project.