Originally Posted by jwphillips2
"wondering if you would mind answering some questions?
How did it get the designation "Medusa Model 47"?
Is it possible to get a manual for my Medusa? (maybe a reprint or a scan?)
If i gave you my SN# could you tell me when it was made?
Are there any replacement parts available?
Thanks in advance!"
1. Medusa was a Gorgon who had many serpents' heads for hair, any one of which was lethal. Merely looking directly at Medusa was fatal. I was born way back in the 1900s, 1947. Seemed like a good fit.
2. I'll scan in a PDF for everyone on the manual (still looking).
3. After the frames were cast they were machined separately and then the ATF required the serial number to be affixed to the frame and inventoried. We typically worked up each order from the lowest number. ATF requires turning in your registration logs upon dissolution of the company, so I don't have any way to tell you which SN# was finally assembled and sold.
4. No one has been able to tell me where all those valuable spare parts went. I haven't found any.
I promise you that you can't be more disappointed than I about some of these answers. I'll post more pics soon.
Neat info, thanks again! No disappointment here! It does make me feel like perseus.....
Im seeing that you made lots different guns, including a PR series of revolvers and a muti-caliber bolt action rifle. its hard to find info on these, most i can find are just basic descriptions. any info or pics of any of these?
PHILLIPS & ROGERS, INC.
RIFLES: BOLT ACTION
- .218 Bee, .22 Hornet, .44 Mag., or .50 AE cal., bolt action, features 18 in. match grade barrel, quick change bolt face and barrel allowing interchangeable calibers, white speckled black synthetic stock, side safety, 5 1/2 lbs. Mfg. 1997 only.
MASTER PR-110 (STANDARD FRAME) Caliber: .218 Bee, .32-20 Winchester, .45 Long Colt, .454 Casull, .475 Linebaugh, .475 Wildey Magnum, .50 Action Express
STANDARD PR-110 (STANDARD FRAME) Caliber: .22 Hornet
MASTER PR-230 (MIDFRAME) Caliber: .475 Linebaugh, .475 Wildey Magnum
STANDARD PR-230 (MIDFRAME) Caliber: .357 Rem Max (SuperMag), .445 Super Mag, .45 Long Colt, .454 Casull
MASTER PR-320 (STRETCH FRAME) Caliber: Various
STANDARD PR-320 (STRETCH FRAME) Caliber: .375 Winchester, .450 Marlin
I would really like to see a pic of the Wilderness Explorer bolt action! I am very curious how muti-caliber works in a bolt action rifle.....
How 'bout some more info on the 7.62x39 revolver?
I wish i was rich so i could start finding all these neat guns you made.......