Medusa Model 47 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Medusa Model 47

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default 9mm

Trez, if you give the 9s a little twist to get the shell case past the extractor it will load a lot more easily. Remember the 9mm in all its non-standard sizes, headspace from the front of the cartridge. The Medusa headspaces all ammo from the rim or extractor groove. Some shooters push the extractor slightly rearward when loading, but I find that with a little practice you can load all the ammo pretty quickly with the slight twist as you're inserting the round into the cylinder. Maybe I should do a little video on here.

In a pinch you can shoot .351 SL, 30 carbine, 32, 32 Mag, and even 22 Jet. I wish Winchester had continued the 9mm WinMag. It was super hot and accurate. Don't be afraid to put any of the recommended rounds through it. We had these cylinders proof tested @ 86,000 psi and yield strength is about 220,000 psi. The Navy Seals shoot them under water. Do not try this with a Colt, Smith, Korth, Ruger, Glock, or any other current production firearm. IT WILL BLOW UP!

Old 03-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2723 Times on 1354 Posts
Likes Given: 267

Clever design.
What did those things go for when they were in production? I'm guessing they weren't cheap. In fact I bet they aren't exactly just giving them away now.

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 03-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Trez you are a lucky one! Man I want a Medusa bad one of the 4 or 5 in version.

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 03-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #14

Liked 715 Times on 472 Posts
Likes Given: 762

Thanks Jonathan! the twist trick worked, now i can get most of my 9mm to fit. as well as telling the "in a pinch" ammo it can shoot. I would like to know all i can about the Medusa, and was wondering if you would mind answering some questions?
How did it get the designation "Medusa Model 47"?
Is it possible to get a manual for my Medusa? (maybe a reprint or a scan?)
If i gave you my SN# could you tell me when it was made?
Are there any replacement parts available?
Thanks in advance!

@Overkill... Theres a guy on youtube who just bought one and said he paid just under 2k for the 6" version (damn.. i wanted to be the first on youtube showin off my Medusa!! )

@Mach.... You dont have to tell me!! I practically stole it!! i traded a Rem 870 Wingmaster for it!!

Oh yeah i was mistaken... mine has the 4" Barrel....

Old 03-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #15

Liked 715 Times on 472 Posts
Likes Given: 762

Just Bumpin' this up....

Old 03-16-2011, 04:43 AM   #16

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I'm jealous. I want a Medusa.

And I believe that JWPhillips2 is holding out on us. He MIGHT have some additional info....

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 03-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
I'm jealous. I want a Medusa.

And I believe that JWPhillips2 is holding out on us. He MIGHT have some additional info....
Why would you think that? I mean its not like he invented the thing or anything.(sarcasm)

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 03-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #18

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Default Billary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1337 View Post
Why would you think that? I mean its not like he invented the thing or anything.(sarcasm)
Wish it were true, guys. I got into this at a really bad time for the industry. Everyone thought it would be no big deal to wipe out the FFLs issued to "non-storefront" gun sellers and that would finally eliminate the objections of the anti-gunners. Well, as I said at the time, this was pure liberal crap and they were just waiting to get a foot in the door. So, what happened? No one did the math. Most of the manufacturers supported this! Tens of thousands(!) FFL holders were wiped out and so were their sales. 2 years after that the SHOT Show(formerly the world's largest trade show) looked like a ghost town. Gun companies sold off or were wiped out and we re-elected Billary. We are now mulling a very restrictive background check that would all but eliminate gun show sales! Oh, it will never pass.

Ah, I feel much better. I guess I'm waiting to see what is in store for us. I'm not dead yet.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #19

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwphillips2 View Post
Wish it were true, guys. I got into this at a really bad time for the industry. Everyone thought it would be no big deal to wipe out the FFLs issued to "non-storefront" gun sellers and that would finally eliminate the objections of the anti-gunners. Well, as I said at the time, this was pure liberal crap and they were just waiting to get a foot in the door. So, what happened? No one did the math. Most of the manufacturers supported this! Tens of thousands(!) FFL holders were wiped out and so were their sales. 2 years after that the SHOT Show(formerly the world's largest trade show) looked like a ghost town. Gun companies sold off or were wiped out and we re-elected Billary. We are now mulling a very restrictive background check that would all but eliminate gun show sales! Oh, it will never pass.

Ah, I feel much better. I guess I'm waiting to see what is in store for us. I'm not dead yet.
Any chance you will be bringing them back?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 03-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #20

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I had quite a few projects other than the Medusa series in mind. I'm always interested in bringing them back.