Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > M41 Red Dot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 01:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default M41 Red Dot

I purchased a S&W M41 today. It has an attached rail I assume is a Weaver.

Now a great gun like this needs a great red dot as well. It seems to me that two cross bars with screws set into two groves would give the greatest stability. I was considering an Aim Point Matchdot as a good choice. Any suggestions or negatives? Other brands and models suggestions appropriate to the this pistol wood be appreciated.

Is there a problem with having magnification in the red dot optics a good idea? I saw a X2 recently for sale.

I an not yet a member of any gun club pistol team. Are there standards on sights I must abide by so I am not forced to purchase new sights later? I am not familiar with the various shooting organisations - i am new to this scene. I would appreciate your inputs. Thanks.

Coolhandluke2

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-29-2010, 01:25 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I've got a Matchdot on my 41 and it works great.

Jeff