looking
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > looking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 03:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Default looking

I've been wanted a single action for a while now, can anyone suggest a good single action in 357 mag?

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-26-2011, 04:23 AM   #2

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Ruger Vaquero, and New Vaquero.
Also Colt SAA clones from Uberti if your on a budget.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:06 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Take a look at the Ruger Blackhawk as well.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #4

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

I've a few things by Uberti and there are a few guns that pretty good but are they made in America and are they any good?

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 10-27-2011, 01:25 AM   #5

Ruger blackhawk - one of the best SAs ever made and it'll outlive your great grand children.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:28 AM   #6

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
I've a few things by Uberti and there are a few guns that pretty good but are they made in America and are they any good?
Uberti is considered to be pretty good by many people. They are made in Italy, and kind of affiliated with Beretta (the Beretta Stampede is made by Uberti last time I checked.)

Old 10-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #7

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default I've been wanted a single action for a while now, can anyone suggest a good single ac

Ruger all the way..like previous members said, you cannot beat Ruger Single Action Revolvers. Don't believe me, just ask me!! I have several old model three screw Rugers as well as new models. I love each and every one of them.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca357 View Post
take a look at the ruger blackhawk as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mes227 View Post
ruger blackhawk - one of the best sas ever made and it'll outlive your great grand children.
i love mine!

It's like paradise on Earth, enriched with the ever so sweet nectar of
elk urine.

When you're out there by yourself, you become who you really are.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Ruger (New) Vaquero, Colt SAA if you can afford one, Ruger Blackhawk, and Colt clones.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 10-27-2011, 03:45 PM   #10

Reckon it depends on precisely what you'd like having, and how much are you willing to spend?

I'm no definitive authority on single actions, but many have suggested Ruger, and Ruger has always made very fine guns, not a dud in the bunch.

As I've heard others claim, the Rugers will be a stronger revolver than any of the Colt Clones. Meaning I believe they can handle high power hunting loads without worry. I've never shot the Rugers such as the Vaqueros, but have handled, and examined them, and they apear to be a rock solid, and well made gun.

Generally in this type of revolver, you'll usually get what you pay for. The Colt Clones, such as Uberti, Cimarron, Beretta, Taylors are nice guns, and are reasonably priced.

If it is a high quality faithful build Colt Clone you wish, then USFA comes to mind, or Colt themselves. Figure around $1000 or more.

About two months ago, I bought a new Uberti El Patron (my avatar pic) with 5-1/2" Barrel in 45LC, and I'm happy with the purchase. A Uberti Custom Shop Revolver, which utilizes American Made Wolff Springs throughout, and better attention is claimed to be paid to fit and finish, and operation. I paid under $500 including shipping, and FFL Transfer, so I felt it was a good buy for the money spent. Fit and finish is good, and the gun functions, and shoots well so far.

The El Patron is available in both .45 and .357 calibers, comes custom fitted with checkered Walnut Grips, and choice of Color Case Hardened Frame-Blue, or Stainless Steel finishes.

The Taylor's Smoke Wagon is another very similar, if not virtually identical Revolver to the El Patron, but usually is a little bit more money than the El Patron. Mark