Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   looking (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/looking-50574/)

unclebear 10-26-2011 03:58 AM

looking

I've been wanted a single action for a while now, can anyone suggest a good single action in 357 mag?

trip286 10-26-2011 04:23 AM

Ruger Vaquero, and New Vaquero.
Also Colt SAA clones from Uberti if your on a budget.

CA357 10-26-2011 05:06 AM

Take a look at the Ruger Blackhawk as well.

unclebear 10-26-2011 08:55 AM

I've a few things by Uberti and there are a few guns that pretty good but are they made in America and are they any good?

mes227 10-27-2011 01:25 AM

Ruger blackhawk - one of the best SAs ever made and it'll outlive your great grand children.

trip286 10-27-2011 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclebear (Post 610940)
I've a few things by Uberti and there are a few guns that pretty good but are they made in America and are they any good?

Uberti is considered to be pretty good by many people. They are made in Italy, and kind of affiliated with Beretta (the Beretta Stampede is made by Uberti last time I checked.)

yogiboobooranger 10-27-2011 02:14 PM

I've been wanted a single action for a while now, can anyone suggest a good single ac

Ruger all the way..like previous members said, you cannot beat Ruger Single Action Revolvers. Don't believe me, just ask me!! I have several old model three screw Rugers as well as new models. I love each and every one of them.

amoroque 10-27-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ca357 (Post 610902)
take a look at the ruger blackhawk as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mes227 (Post 611789)
ruger blackhawk - one of the best sas ever made and it'll outlive your great grand children.

i love mine!

Firearms4ever 10-27-2011 03:17 PM

Ruger (New) Vaquero, Colt SAA if you can afford one, Ruger Blackhawk, and Colt clones.

Markd51 10-27-2011 03:45 PM

Reckon it depends on precisely what you'd like having, and how much are you willing to spend?

I'm no definitive authority on single actions, but many have suggested Ruger, and Ruger has always made very fine guns, not a dud in the bunch.

As I've heard others claim, the Rugers will be a stronger revolver than any of the Colt Clones. Meaning I believe they can handle high power hunting loads without worry. I've never shot the Rugers such as the Vaqueros, but have handled, and examined them, and they apear to be a rock solid, and well made gun.

Generally in this type of revolver, you'll usually get what you pay for. The Colt Clones, such as Uberti, Cimarron, Beretta, Taylors are nice guns, and are reasonably priced.

If it is a high quality faithful build Colt Clone you wish, then USFA comes to mind, or Colt themselves. Figure around $1000 or more.

About two months ago, I bought a new Uberti El Patron (my avatar pic) with 5-1/2" Barrel in 45LC, and I'm happy with the purchase. A Uberti Custom Shop Revolver, which utilizes American Made Wolff Springs throughout, and better attention is claimed to be paid to fit and finish, and operation. I paid under $500 including shipping, and FFL Transfer, so I felt it was a good buy for the money spent. Fit and finish is good, and the gun functions, and shoots well so far.

The El Patron is available in both .45 and .357 calibers, comes custom fitted with checkered Walnut Grips, and choice of Color Case Hardened Frame-Blue, or Stainless Steel finishes.

The Taylor's Smoke Wagon is another very similar, if not virtually identical Revolver to the El Patron, but usually is a little bit more money than the El Patron. Mark